GPU Temp ?

Jason8284

Daemon Poster
I have been having a little bit of a heating issue with my computer ever since I upgraded my GPU to a Nvidia 8800GTS 640MB. I just installed new fans throughout the computer, and at idle my gpu temp is 69 C. Is this a good temp to be running at idle for this card?

Okay, I added 1 more fan to the computer.

On idle I got it down to 55-56 C
On full max playing a game the highest was 75 C

Are these temps okay?

Idle temp seems a bit high to me, but GPU threshold is like 120 degrees Celsius (I mean 127 degrees Celsius) so it's not a problem at all. My 7800GT idles at 39 degrees right now. Then again, it's a cool day.

Okay, I added 1 more fan to the computer.

On idle I got it down to 55-56 C
On full max playing a game the highest was 75 C

Are these temps okay?

Now that's better. 75 degree is typical load temp. I get that once in awhile, but usually hit 69ish degrees.

Should I add more fans, or should I leave it like this? Also waiting for my my ddr2 ram fans to come, that should keep those cool too.

I have two PCI exhaust blowers in my system which helps draw the warm air out. You can add more fans if you have room for them. Eventually, there comes a point where no matter how much fan you put in there, the temp won't go down. You've just hit a constant should that happen.

I made a duct for my 8800GTS to duct the hot air from the three vents (underside of the card) out of the case via empty pci slots in the case, it dropped my temps by ~2°C.

These cards dump a heap of hot air inside the case from those three exhaust vents.

Back
Top Bottom