GPU Problem (I Think)

XPS Designs

Solid State Member
When I play games for a few minutes black lines start appearing on my screen. Now it starts when my gpu temps increase. They annoy me and I want them gone. Should I get a new monitor (VGA or a new gpu. My moniter is kinda new and i have a Nvidea GT 530 memory card (Its an OEM card). Should I get a better gpu card or moniter. Thanks

You're saying when the gpu temps rise you get lines on your screen.
Your card is overheating. Open your case and check the fan setup. If the cables need tidyed up then grab a bag of cable straps and have at it. You'd be surprised at how much a rats nest of wires can disrupt the airflow inside a case.
Check your case fans. Are they large enough to handle the extra heat load of having that card? What I mean by that is the CFM has to be enough to get gulps of cooler air in then get the hot air out.
And when you stop at Ye Old Computer Shoppe to get the straps get a can or two of canned air and blow the insides of your computer real good. Dust and dirt will act as a blanket over parts and make it hard for them to get rid of heat.
A clean computer is a happy computer...

a new and card with a better cooler will do the trick, but it might be a little too much to
do only because of overheating.
so here is what you can do:

clean the fans in your system. make sure there is no dust blocking the air from entering or leaving the system.
if you have a overclock setting, reduce it.
add an extra fan to your system or replacing a bad fan with a better one.

if you are not playing any demanding games, then you could try to underclock it.
it might help for the game that you are playing, but you also lose gpu power so other and more demanding games will be less playable.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I know I didn't give you much info to work with, but the game is flight simulator (quite demanding), but my gpu fan only runs a 12% all the time says the gpu monitor, so im going to try and find a program to tweak the speed. It is clean and try I to keep my room cool. Thanks for all the help

And if anybody knows are heat sinks good? and what should I buy if they are? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom