GPU Problem

merenidi

Solid State Member
Hello to all the members,
could anyone solve this problem:
When I boot up the PC,everything seems to work fine,the POST says everything is okay,and the OS boots up normally as it should. But the screen receives no signal and is remained closed all of the time. Is it just bad cable connection or is there more behind it? I think I've adequately checked that the cables are properly connected,but could there be another problem?

Welcome to CF!

Get two parts you know work... another monitor and it's cable.

If you have onboard video then try connecting to that output. Some older motherboards did not have the automatic disabling of onboard graphics processing when another GPU is detected, so you may have to search your motherboard model to see if jumpers or BIOS settings need to be configured... it could also be that the GPU is pushing signal to only a single port (if multiple are avail).

Start with plugging in two items that you know work. If it works - monitor/cable is shot
Plug into different video outputs - if this works and no onboard video is present, check with the manufacturers documentation to enable other ports. If this works and onboard is present, check your BIOS settings.

Next, try a different GPU with known good Monitor, then current monitor to rule out GPU.

Try these and post back.

My guess is either the cable or the plugin. This happened to me before. I have a plugin on my tower and it didnt work, my screen was black, so then i plugged it onto my graphics card and it worked. Now I have Dual monitors connected to my graphics card and works perfectly fine for me.

Back
Top Bottom