GPU Memory Clock Speed

The memory it uses is GDDR3, which uses the rising and falling edges of the clock signal. Basically it doubles the clock (hence "double data rate," or DDR), so the 800MHz is really 1600MHz. So 1100MHz would be 2200MHz, an impressive clock! :eek:

Just curious whats your Memory core clock at?

EDIT: My bad... :eek:
Mine? (If not, sorry for the confusion :D)

My memory's left stock right now; my card doesn't respond to overclocking well at all. Last time I tried even a mild overclock of 600/850 while I was playing Oblivion, it got all jumpy and less and less was being drawn. I got out of it, only to find that a mere quarter of my screen was being displayed, in 16-bit color. So I've decided not to overclock it; it's fast enough at stock for me.

I've run RivaTuner during sessions of playing and I've never seen it near 70ºC... it's usually near 63ish. I don't know what the problem could be. It rarely happens, but when it does, it's baaad. :(

My core clock is running 500MHz stock but I like to bump it up just a little to 550-575 just for now since it's stock cooling but once I get my watercooling I'll just alot higher. I'll knock that bad boy all the way up to like 800 I think is the max.

Okay I was just curious. I was like no way is he running anything over a 600 core with a 2200 mem clock. See as you increase your core clock you won't be able to clock the memory as high. You just have to find the right mix between core & memory. Of course the shader clock comes into play as well. I had my setting in at 672/2020 but forgot they add in the shader clock somehow and it can adjust the numbers up or down to match it. So my actual clock was 675/2016 with a shader clock at 1566 were stock shader clock is 1188.

Back
Top Bottom