Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-08-2006, 07:44 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Default GPU enviroment temp

Hello, have got mother board monitor 5 installed and running with atitool. temps are looking good, after about 3hours of battlefield 2 the cpu is running at around 37 C the GPU was around 59 C the NF 4 chip was around 47 C and the GPU ENV was around 46 C. i was just wondering where the GPU ENV temp was taken from. im guessing the env stands for enviroment. is it within the card or is it the enviroment surronding the card or maybe the heat coming off it or what?

Core i7 2600K Sandybridge + Prolimatech Megahalems Cooler ₪ Asus P8P67 DELUXE ₪ G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB DDR3 1600MHz ₪ Crossfire 5870's ₪ OCZ GameXstream 850w ₪ X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS edition ₪ OCZ Vertex 3 120GB ₪ Antec P182 ₪ NAS ReadyDuo 4Tb ₪ BenQ FP241WZ 24" Widescreen LCD ₪ Windows 7 x64
Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 10:47 PM   #2
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to shawn_selig29
Default Re: GPU enviroment temp

when the computer is running (like playing high quality games, it uses alot of cpu and video card)..its normal...mines the same here...so i just play a little and let it cool down....just take her easy lol...

shawn_selig29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 11:21 PM   #3
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to r_moore04

it should be ok graphics cards can take alot of heat eg my graphics cards shuts down at 145C, ya can play games as long as ya want really, but i say if ya have been on a big game like BF2 which uses alot of the CPU then wen ya come off just leave ya pc idel 4 about 10 mins or so
Old 04-09-2006, 04:45 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

yeah i know big games make alot of heat and i expected all that but i was just wondering where the GPU enviroment reading was actually taken from. all the others i got a pretty good idea of where the diode or what takes the reading is located but my question is where abouts in or on the graphics card is the gpu enivorment temperature taken from? no problems with heat or anything was just wondering. thanks for replying to as well and your grahics card goes up to 145 degrees celsius!!! lmao stick it in some water and you can boil up a cup of tea after a hard day off bf2
Core i7 2600K Sandybridge + Prolimatech Megahalems Cooler ₪ Asus P8P67 DELUXE ₪ G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB DDR3 1600MHz ₪ Crossfire 5870's ₪ OCZ GameXstream 850w ₪ X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS edition ₪ OCZ Vertex 3 120GB ₪ Antec P182 ₪ NAS ReadyDuo 4Tb ₪ BenQ FP241WZ 24" Widescreen LCD ₪ Windows 7 x64
Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote