gpu bottleneckin my system? newb question (O.o)

Sedah

In Runtime
would my gpu bottleneckin my system?

I Oc'ed my CPU to 3.2 and my gpu is OC'ed as well [see spec below]

reason I ask is I sometimes get freezing points while playin prototype, gets to the point where it takes awhile to unfreeze, a good min or so

what ya think? or has anyone experience something like this beofre?

thanks in advance

lol a GPU can not bottleneck a system, nothing u have that i see in your sig would bottleneck anything. Go DL the new drivers, if u already have the new ones, uninstall ur current ones and reinstall them. Could also be the game.

What i dont understand is that you have a classified board and a 260 ? lol dats weird

would my gpu bottleneckin my system?

I Oc'ed my CPU to 3.2 and my gpu is OC'ed as well [see spec below]

reason I ask is I sometimes get freezing points while playin prototype, gets to the point where it takes awhile to unfreeze, a good min or so

thanks in advance

Yea that would bottleneck a little bit. The Core i7 is a beast of a CPU and plus you overclocked it. Do you have the availability to go SLI with another Core 216?

What i dont understand is that you have a classified board and a 260 ? lol dats weird[/QUOTE]

lol a gpu was the last item i bought and ran outta money, im upgrading to a 2x285 sometime dis summer when i have enuff $ saved up again

Yea that would bottleneck a little bit. The Core i7 is a beast of a CPU and plus you overclocked it. Do you have the availability to go SLI with another Core 216?

no i dont, should i just put my cpu on stock and see if it acts up again?

I doubt that the problem is a bottle neck with what you are describing. It sounds more like either an unstable overclock or that you have something else going on in the background to me. How did you test your overclocks? ***Edit***Well i guess if it does unfreeze its probably not unstable overclocks because that wouldn't really do that it would most likely completely crash and not unfreeze. ***/Edit*** What are your temps during game play? Have you run antivirus and spyware programs recently? I am not 100% sure on the usuage of the computer with that game since ive never played it but im pretty sure that it is something else that is causing the problem and not that it is bottlenecked. Do you have the latest drivers installed? Did you completely remove the drivers from your previous card?

It sounds like your GPU overclock is not stable. Turn down the clocks a notch with whatever software you used to overclock.

It sounds like your GPU overclock is not stable. Turn down the clocks a notch with whatever software you used to overclock.

i tested my clocks for a lil over 30mins using 0cct and furmark and didnt notice a single articfact, and it didnt show any errors

I doubt that the problem is a bottle neck with what you are describing. It sounds more like either an unstable overclock or that you have something else going on in the background to me. How did you test your overclocks? ***Edit***Well i guess if it does unfreeze its probably not unstable overclocks because that wouldn't really do that it would most likely completely crash and not unfreeze. ***/Edit*** What are your temps during game play? Have you run antivirus and spyware programs recently? I am not 100% sure on the usuage of the computer with that game since ive never played it but im pretty sure that it is something else that is causing the problem and not that it is bottlenecked. Do you have the latest drivers installed? Did you completely remove the drivers from your previous card?

I used OCCT and Furmark, im sure if it was unstable it would shutdown on me. and my antivirus runs on a regular every other day, and my temps during gameplay doesnt go beyound 60c. and yes i do have the latest drivers

Did you have a card prior to that card? If so how did you remove the previous drivers because if you did not delete the drivers correctly then that may be causing the trouble here as well.

i tested my clocks for a lil over 30mins using 0cct and furmark and didnt notice a single articfact, and it didnt show any errors
You didn't try turning back the clocks, did you? Try it now, you might be suprised.

Did you have a card prior to that card? If so how did you remove the previous drivers because if you did not delete the drivers correctly then that may be causing the trouble here as well.

nopes, this is a new computer build, first gpu ever installed, only a month old

Back
Top Bottom