Gparted help

biferi

Daemon Poster
I am going to Buy a Device that will let me Plug a IDE or SATA Hard Drive into it.

And it will plug into my USB Port and it is used for Data Comping.
And if you have a Hard Drive that needs to be Formmated or checked.

I want to ask if I am pluging it into my USB Port I know I can use my Win XP Pro to Format or Check the Drive.

But if I used Gparted can I do more things to the Disk that win wont let me do??

Yes. It will let you format it into lots more filesystems than he windows one will, plus it tends to be much faster and work better. To be honest, Ive never even used the one on windows XP because Gprted is so nice, However if you want even better, CFdisk is excellent, even though it doesn't have its own livecd, but but all you have to do is get a Puppy linux CD and it comes built in.

Hope I helped :)

I think I will use the Gparted Program

Can someone gime me a Link to the Download File?

I go to Gparted web site and I get to the link but then there is a lot of other Files.

So I think it will be better if I can have a Link to the Download File.
Thanks

Thank you for the link.

Now what I would like to do is this.

I will be getting a Device that will let me plug any Hard Drive into it and it will plug into my USB Port.

And I want to be able to use the Gparted Program to Check Hard Drive Fix them or Format them.

Is there any good step by step guid to how to use it????

Thanks for all the help

I'll explain.
Burn the ISO to a CD.
Put it in the drive.
Reboot.
Press Del while booting and then set the BIOS to boot from CD
Boot into gparted.
Select the proper drive, it depnds how many are on your computer
To format, click the disk, then hit erase partition
It will erase
Then click the HD again
Hit the create new partition button
It will prompt you to choose the partition size and FS type.
If you only want one partition, then just leave it.
Choose NTFS for FS type if you have windows. If not, then let me know and I will tell you what you need to choose.
Then apply changes.

OK this is what I meen I am so sorry.

I will be getting all these diferant Hard Drives but I wont be putting them into my computer.

I will be pluging them into my USB Port.

So I would like to use Gpart to Format and do things to the Hard Drives.

So I don't think I will have to Reboot from that Drive.

Can't I just plug the Hard Drive in and use Gpart from the CD ROM Drive to check the Drive pluged into the USB Port and then Formst it or check it or scan it??

Now do you see what I want to do???
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom