got yet another problem boys

XII-lanparty

Solid State Member
i have now put the computer together properly, i have created a partition etc and installed windows xp pro, once xp was installed it told me my computer would re-boot in 15 seconds which it did, it came back on and then all i saw was a black screen with my mouse cursor in the mddle of the screen, which would not move BTW.

i am now completely lost, i have read up on the installation and apparently i should now be seeing a welcome screen or a windows advisor screen on my screen resolution offering to change the res.

what the hell is going on, i've spent £1100 and its been sat there for 5 days doing nothing.

please please please help me.

hmm...sounds like you may have a conflict somewhere...can you post your specs in detail?

Hmm, very weird.

Yeah, post your specs and then we'll see what we can do. Pretty weird really. You get your SATA drive working and then it messes up...

It could be a few things though. Your drive might be faulty,your Windows disc could be faulty, etc.
So somethings either happened at bootup or within the setup.

The way it freezes like that suggests a conflict, yet its a newly installed setup. There shouldn't be any...

How many times have you tried to boot it?

I'd try to format and do it again to tell the truth, see if that does anything. If not, we can list some other choices.

You should definetly be seeing a bootscreen at that point, unless its teh second part of the installation which does include the mouse. Was it the first, or second time it restarted?

If it did it within setup, RAM could also be an issue...

I hope this helps.

well i half sorted the problem yesterday it just decided to work i then installed all of my drivers etc and then turned it off went to work came back to install half life 2 so i could play cs source and it wouldn't work again. i have taken it to a computer shop where i have taken things before, i can't be arsed fixing the problem i wanted it done properly so i have taken it in. when i get it back i'll post some pics of the case mods etc.

Back
Top Bottom