Got a tuff problem

lin2winwin2lin

Beta member
I was unresgistering dlls on my moms comp(I was deleting spyware.) so then I reboot the comp and I get all kinds of errors. Quickly I realise I did something to the registry. So with my computer geek like knowledge I head to safe mode with command prompt, I wanted to boot up system restore. But, my mom stops me saying I aint touching her computer ever again. Anyway she ends up using compaq system recovery which of course copys over a bunk registry. So now I got a big problem the comp wont boot all the way up and I need to get my moms files off the hard drive, but I cant even get to comman prompt. When I try to boot up to anymode I get the error system not installed or the thank you screen. I believe the only thing I can do is do a complete recovery and wipe the hard drive, but then my mom would kill me. So is there anyway to get to the files? Maybe perhaps a boot up cd I could create to copy over a registry? I don't have the system restore disks.

Any help would be apreciated

Never mind I am going to borrow a friends comp with 2 hd spots on the motherboard. That way I can get files off my moms comp.

Back
Top Bottom