Got a quote from local Computer Store, Good deal?

woody, just go onto newegg, and look for all the parts you want, but select free shipping in the guided search

the major parts you need are....
motherboard
processor (cpu)
memory (RAM)
power supply
video card (gpu)
hard drive
optical drive (dvd burner/blu ray drive)
case

just ask away, thats what we are here for =]

oh yeah, i forgot.... monitor, speakers, keyboard/mouse - you can build a really great system for 500, even better than what those jokers were offering you

I consider that an offer to put the parts I choose together for no charge.

really? it took me maybe 30 minutes to put my computer together, another 45 minutes to put an OS on and install drivers.

You really rather pay $500 for someone to do that for you?

you say I could build a nice computer for $1000? any recommendations on how to get started? I'm just now starting to research this stuff so please bear with me. !
Hell yeah! I would get an intel core i7, Nvidia GTX260, 4gb of decent ram, an ASUS mobo, and probably a SSD or WD velociraptor. You could build a KILLER system for 1,000

Personally, a horrible deal. Majorly overpriced IMO.

Hell yeah! I would get an intel core i7, Nvidia GTX260, 4gb of decent ram, an ASUS mobo, and probably a SSD or WD velociraptor. You could build a KILLER system for 1,000

Don't forget a case, psu, aftermarket heatsink, and a dvd drive. ;) One thing I hate about this forum is when someone asks for computer build opinions, ALMOST EVERYBODY (NOT everyone) just posts Mobo, CPU, RAM, Grahpics, and hard drive. Not very many people have everything else that you need for a system.

Back
Top Bottom