Got a new graphics card need help

Easywink

Solid State Member
So i got the GeForce GT 640 2GB Graphics card and when i install is put it in the PCI-E Slot screw it up plug my monitors into it etc etc I go to turn it on and it loads 1 of 2 monitors shows a display but both detect somethings there and it goes to the menu where you can open up BIOs but then it just stops and doesn't load up windows 5 minutes later it shows a blank Terminal and a flashing white line as if you were to begin typing and it just stays like that I was wondering what it is, before coming here i looked it up trying to find something and found that it chould be that my PSU Isn't good enough for the card or I got a faulty card, My PSU is 500W - 5A Current - 50Hz Freq - 230V I was wondering if i need to upgrade it so that i can use my card which is 350W 12V 20A requirements to run or is my card faulty, if it's the PSU then i was thinking of upgrading to this http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Enthu...50/dp/B004MYFODI?&linkCode=wsw&tag=pcspecs-20 - 650W version and I know it's compatible with my board and stuff. Thanks for the help

it would never hurt to get a new PSU especially if you have an old one or a no name brand one

Back
Top Bottom