Got My PC Parts....Now What To Do

Does it matter if I install memory before putting the motherboard into the case or not?

Akk, sorry for the double post.

Yeah, once you know how, its rather easy isn't it :)

Those big cylinder ones I thnk are ones to secure the side of the case if its a removable window by the way. I have some, just incase I lose the one.

Hmm, depends really, as it would be easier to put it in when out of the case though you'd have to make sure the motherboard is not on a surface that'll force anything down thats not meant to go down when you push the RAM in, so saying that, i'd do it after securing the motherboard in the case, thats what I did :)

Its a bit fiddly, though you get there in the end

Kage said:
Those big cylinder ones I thnk are ones to secure the side of the case if its a removable window by the way. I have some, just incase I lose the one.

Interesting. I used them for installing the hard drive, which the instruction manual says to do. My 3.5" slots have this rubber thing that you have to put the screws through. So yeah. Almost there, almost.

Ah sorry then...they look exactly like the ones I use on the case to secure it, though they came with the case, not the motherboard :p

" the heatsink took more FORCE than I thought it would" Double check it as some can be forced to mount backwards and thats is not a good thing. It can fry the cpu.

Mine took a bit of force as well, though I did check where the little pin missing was and put it the right way. It was just that weird lever i couldn't seem to lock...

Thats what i'm referring to :p The heatsink is what goes above the chip and locks into place, and so i was saying that the leaver to attach it to the motherboard can be rather tight at first.

From what I've read, it is supposed to be difficult to pull the lever. But how do you check, just in case?

You can't really, though I was pulling it the wrong way :|

Just push it down and it should make a click as it connects with something to hold it into place. you know when you've done it, thoguh it does take a bit of donig, and gthe chip should be alright, as long as you don't really really force it down.

Back
Top Bottom