Got My PC Parts....Now What To Do

Kuberr

Daemon Poster
Okay, I finally got my PC parts today from Newegg, who sent then four days early. Go NewEgg! :D

I have a bunch of questions right now, and I will probably have a lot more later. First off, do I install my motherboard first and then add the CPU, etc. or do I first install the CPU and then place the motherboard in?

Second off, I don't think I got any spacers with my case, so do I have to buy them?

Third, I'm looking at the instructions manual for installing the CPU onto the motherboard, and it says something about some detaching the shielding of the backplate's paster. What is that supposed to mean? It seems to have to do something with the cooler set with the Athlon 64/FX, but I don't know what, and I don't think I got one of those with my CPU package.

ok, obviously you need to add the cpu first, then install the motherboard, ya if you have the spacers then you need to buy them seperately also.

Okay, finally got the heatsink installed onto the CPU, which took a lot more force than I expected. Onto installing the motherboard. Okay, I'm looking at my case, and the accessory kit came with two things, a parts bag, and sliding rails (For R-Type Chassis). Would the parts bag have it? I'll post a picture soon.

P1010086.jpg

It's kind of blurry and big, but it's the best I can do.

Those golden tpye screws, that look like pipes are the spacers to install the motherboard in to stop any electricity from passing through if theres a fault.

Though I don't understand the question entirely. Could you possibly rephrase? What do you want to know is in the parts bag?

Those are all the parts in the parts bag, so I want to know if spacers are among them.

Those golden type screws on the ones to fit in the motherboard as spacers! :D I remember when I installed mine :p

Yeah, I think thats what there called. They just hold the motherboard in place to stop the board from contacting the case

Back
Top Bottom