Got a 7600gs for Christmas :) :) :)

Xiggy

Daemon Poster
well first of Merry Christmas Guys!

now onto business...i got a 7600gs by xfx for Christmas!

my old setup was
pent 4 1.8ghz 400 mhz fsb
intel d845hv mobo
768mb pc133 ram
eVGA 5200 128mb 32bit agp4x

now i used to get 25 fps on battlefield 2 lowest as you can possibly go graphics

now i installed the 7600gs 256mb 128 bit agp 8x (has to run 4x though becaseu of the board)...new board to come

and i get around 60 (not sure yet need to reinstall fraps)..on medium graphics..and the framerate is soooooo smooth i love it

so should i be looking into new mobo and ram next? thx

Well now having an AGP video card, you have a little problem. You can upgrade the ram and motherboard, but you will still be using old parts as new motherboards are PCI-E.

well you will be looking at new mobo & cpu + ram. Are you going to buy the stuff soon or are you just planning for the future?

BF2 has got to be one the most demanding games for ram.

2 GIGs to get wicked game play out of it. But 1 GIG is ok...

Your card is also being slowed down by the fact its running on AGP 8X... That said, its doing pretty well to get that frame rate.
My 9800PRO (before I got this 6800GS), it suffered alarmingly with only 4x speed in games. Some Direct X-9 effects didn't work, etc.

You can get motherboards with AGP and PCI-E 16x lanes I believe.

yeh...and yes my computer is kinda suffering from the agp 4x

and i plan to upgrade pretty soon i just dont know exactly when
also i geta round 30-40 fps in FEAR Combat on low and a couple medium settings

i reallly think its because of the agp4x because i know i should be able to get higher graphics

and since i only have a pent 4 1.8ghz 400 mhz fsb i keep my processor settigns on the game all the way down and then up the vidoe card ones!

still plays good though...just going to Mobo/ram next :)

maybe i should buy all new stuff (cpu mobo and ram) at the same time
so this way i could upgrade from socket 439 to socket 775

that mobo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813186090

ram
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820220068

processor?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819116230

$233..tahts not bad at all if you think about it!...i may look for a mobo with a pcix16 slot and an agp 8x slot though

Get an Intel Core 2 Duo. Best out at the moment, and they aren't that expensive either, for the mid spec ones, and yet, they'd blow away that damn Pentium 4 :p
For gaming, nothing can be that Core 2 Duo. before that, AMD 64 was the winner in gaming.

i know man ....i should get get a 6300 those are only $200 and in a lot of tests it had some same ratings as the best amd processor (completely forgot what that one is though lol)

The AMD 64 FX probably :)
Its definietly worth the money for the Intel Core 2 DUO's.

very tru man...idk i may save up about 350 darra and buy a pretty good mobo....ram...and a 6300....also when vidoe games take advantage of dual core the processor will be even greater :)

Back
Top Bottom