Google redirects.

I am dealing with this too.

Seems the first 5 links on the first couple of google searches when Firefox is loaded, links to ad2.doubleclicker.net
Yesterday I noticed it was ad1 and not ad2.doubleclicker.net, odd that the url changed in a day...

I used all the malware and AV tools available, I even copied the entire firefox directory from a non infected computer and it still persisted.

In safe-mode firefox didn't seem to exhibit the behavior
When starting in firefox in safe mode you are presented with a dialog opting to disable all extensions, plugins etc. I selected them all and restarted, and voila its gone. (Even now when not in safe mode)

Now I tried doing this myself before resorting to the safe mode fix, disabling all extensions and add ons and nothing seemed to work.

Using DLL Dependency I compared with a non infected machine all DLL's that firefox.exe depends on and they all matched so I'm assuming its something in the plugable extensions that was the culprit.

So it's probably on my machine still, but just not loaded now by firefox..

What does safe-mode restore options actually do? Its too bad I can't dint he offending DLL/etc that was causing it because I know its still on my machine and no av or malware tool is detecting it.

Spent all day yesterday trying to find a fix for this and I found it. (At least for me.) Hope it also helps the rest of you too.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3041544

Almost near the end find a post by ishootudie where he talks about "GooredFix.exe" and follow the instructions. (Or you can do a Google for "GooredFix.exe" and follow the instuctions at other forums.)

It's fairly recent, (not too many results in Google and they only go back a few weeks) but as you know this thing is annoying as hell. And I've read where others have tried to just delete the registry entries manually, but it came back. So far it seems to have done the job for me. I too tried all of the anti-virus and anti-spyware programs and nothing caught it or removed it until this "GooredFix.exe". Hope it helps all of you as well.

Spent all day yesterday trying to find a fix for this and I found it. (At least for me.) Hope it also helps the rest of you too.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3041544

Almost near the end find a post by ishootudie where he talks about "GooredFix.exe" and follow the instructions. (Or you can do a Google for "GooredFix.exe" and follow the instuctions at other forums.)

THANK YOU!

GooredFix.exe has finally solved this doubleclicker.net problem!

(I am the one that posted earlier about having tried all those programs without any success)

Back
Top Bottom