Google Gadgets, or Yahoo Widgets

I am currently looking for one of these programs, i recently tried Yahoo! Widgets, i was impressed.....until i looked in my task manager and realised each Widget takes a process, i was wondering if there was something similar that didn't use a new process for each and just used one for the whole thing....I'm about to give Google Gadgets ago...

Thanks,

Matt

Mattyl110792 said:
I am currently looking for one of these programs, i recently tried Yahoo! Widgets, i was impressed.....until i looked in my task manager and realised each Widget takes a process, i was wondering if there was something similar that didn't use a new process for each and just used one for the whole thing....I'm about to give Google Gadgets ago...

Thanks,

Matt
Google Desktop doesn't take up much memory. I like it because of that and it looks cool too, the sidebar is a nice touch too!

Just installed it then, i'm not a big fan of the appearance, i do like the Yahoo! appearnce better, so i'm at a loss both ways lol...they are both very clever though

Matt

Mattyl110792 said:
Just installed it then, i'm not a big fan of the appearance, i do like the Yahoo! appearnce better, so i'm at a loss both ways lol...they are both very clever though

Matt
You could try Desktop Sidebar. You can skin that one but the only downside is that there aren't as many add-ons to it and they aren't exactly widgets but you can make it look like AERO. you can check it out at www.desktopsidebar.com

I've tried yahoo Widgets...it made my computer load really slow since it takes time and resources to run those widgets, I had a few. Here is a SS.
widgetsSS.jpg

Edit: That was when I was trying to decide which clock to use.

Thanks for the tip Troy, just downloading that one now, can't install it just yet as i'm installing Windows XP x64 on my pc at the moment, but it does look promising!

Thanks,

Matt

Edit: Hey Tommy Boy which widget is that in the top corner displaying hdd and pc statistics?

I don't use anything like that. Google already logs all my searches the last thing I need is them storing an index of my hard drives somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom