Is this a good system configuration???

fretman

Solid State Member
Would you recommend any changes to this? Thanks.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz 4MB/1066FSB Processor
Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 S775 I965P ATX Mainboard - PCI-E/DDR2/SATAII/Audio/RAID/GbE
OCZ System Elite 2GB DC PC2-6400 DDR2 Memory Kit
LG GSA-H22L Super Multi 18x DVD-RW w/Lightscribe Drive (Black)
Sparkle Geforce 8800GTS 640Mb Dual DVI PCI-E Video Card
Seagate 7200.10 320GB 7200RPM 16MB SATAII Hard Drive
Antec LifeStyle SOLO Piano Black Mini Tower *No PSU*
Antec SmartPower2.0 500 watt ATX Power Supply
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition DVD (32Bit - OEM)

Currently I have an AMD Athlon 1700. I want to try out Vista so it's a good excuse to finally go out and get a new system cause I heard that upgrading to Vista is a no no.

I will use the system to try and play some of the newer games that are coming out. I do alot of video streaming, internet surfing, email checking, word processing, stuff like that.

I know that the specs might be overkill but I have the money right now so I may as well get something a little more up to date.

That is a very nice upgrade, but what are you upgrading from, and what will you be using it for??

Very nice setup!

The only thing I would change would be to get a higher output PSU. You should get at least the Antec True Power Trio TP3-550. It's SLI certifeid and provides more amps on the 12v rails to power that hungry 8800GTS. :D

CompMan said:
That is a very nice upgrade, but what are you upgrading from, and what will you be using it for??

Posted additional info in original post. :D :D :D

Atomic Rooster said:
Very nice setup!

The only thing I would change would be to get a higher output PSU. You should get at least the Antec True Power Trio TP3-550. It's SLI certifeid and provides more amps on the 12v rails to power that hungry 8800GTS. :D

Thanks for the heads up. I'll price that out and see what my totals are.

yea get it, but change out the power supply to what Atomic Rooster is talking about, that system will be more than fine for your needs.

CompMan said:
yea get it, but change out the power supply to what Atomic Rooster is talking about, that system will be more than fine for your needs.

Thanks again for the help. Sounds like you and Rooster have convinced me for a new PSU.

Coming from an Athlon XP 1700+ to that monster system, whew, watch out. You have the fastest system I've seen on here. Can't wait for you to get the parts to start on it. Look very nice.

TRDCorolla said:
Coming from an Athlon XP 1700+ to that monster system, whew, watch out. You have the fastest system I've seen on here. Can't wait for you to get the parts to start on it. Look very nice.

Thanks. It'll be nice to finally get back to some gaming. Gave it up a while back cause my current system just wasn't up to par with some of the current games. Plus it'll be nice to explore Vista too.

But I won't be assembling the system myself. The shop where I'm buying the parts will put it together for me. It's part of their warranty package anyways.

Back
Top Bottom