Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-25-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
Daemon Poster
Default Good SSD choice

Wow been a while since I've been on here What's up to those that remember me.

I am looking to drop an SSD in my macbook which is an early 2008 model so I am capped at 1.5 Gb/s. I know this isn't that big of a deal really because I am not doing it so much for transfer time as much as access time. I currently have a 5400 RPM drive so I know this will make a BIG difference regardless. I found this deal on newegg and am thinking about jumping on it. I am looking for opinions of members who have used or are are using a corsair SSD and how they like it compared to others. I plan on using this as my primary drive so any recommendations of other drives would need to be roughly the same size. I am not really limited on budget but it doesn't make much sense to spend any more than this for a drive that I won't really use to its potential. I could just get a 7200 rpm and still be fine with it I just figured for the price I can't really do much better for a quality SSD of this size.

Link to the SSD- Corsair Force Series 3 120gb-$135.99 after rebate
P.S. I know it is SATA 3 but I figure the deal is good and I can always use it later when I upgrade to another laptop.

Raidmax Smilodon Extreme Black Case -|-AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 3829.50 Mhz (18.5 x 207, vcore 1.424, NB 2600 mhz, HT link 2200 mhz) -|- Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283V -|- Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P Mobo -|- G. Skill 6Gb (3 x 2Gb) DDR3 1333 RAM 7-7-7-18-2t -|- WD Caviar 7200 RPM 1 TB HDD -|- OCZ GameXtreme 700W -|- Radeon 4870 1Gb @ 780/1050 -|- Asus VW202NR 20" wide-screen -|- Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit -|- Saitek Cyborg Keyboard -|- Razer Lachesis Mouse
PokerDegenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
Fully Optimized
Default Re: Good SSD choice

Sold out... unless you already got one. I can endorse just about any SSD which has SandForce for the controller. They are continually the top of the performance charts, and I've had a lot of great experiences with the two I use (one is in my laptop at home, and another in my work PC). They too are Corsair.
Indigo is offline   Reply With Quote