good sound equalizer

bullzi

Fully Optimized
hey guys, i have a hometheater pc with media center and all kinds of stuff on it, its hooked up to my 7.2 onkyo receiver (yes two subs) and im getting some feedback through the cable, not much, but just a little buzz, also i need a sound equalizer program thats free, something good that shows me the VU Meter's as well so i know how much power is getting to the receiver and to make sure im not sending a distorted signal for movies, thanks guys

Are the speakers near anything giving out power, to add to the feedback? ie power sockets, monitors etc, make sure the cables r all plugged in and not crossing over...

http://www.a1b2c3.com/free/av01.htm

this has a few freeware audio programs on might have a decent eq. Not had much of a chance to look through it so hope its some good.

i have it sitting next to a monitor but it still gives a bit of a buzz even when the monitor is unplugged, and its sorta close to some plugs but it goes through a power conditioner so it gets good power, which takes out all the "noise" in the power and equalizes the little spikes and dips in the power, so it sgetting good power, im just think that i need a good sound card cause im just using onboard sigmatel HD audio, it sounds great except for when the music is over i hear a little buzz and it doesnt do this for any other input, and its certainly not the receiver cause its onkyo so its not a cheap one, i think ill just get a soundcard, what type of soundcard do you recommend for home theaters? (i prefer one thats not expensive, and something that has optical)

i forgot to add this in my last post, thanks for getting that site but the links are dead for the ones that i was looking at getting...

Sorry didnt realise the links were dead! maybe u cud use google to search for the ones u wanted?

As for the monitor being unplugged, is it a CRT as these hold residual charge, so its possible that they cud still affect the speakers.

Back
Top Bottom