Good Monitor for gaming

warabit

Beta member
Hey everyone,

Finally found, what seems, a good forums with mature people who know what they are talking about. Well he is my problem. just ordered a new AMD64 Dual core +4400 w/ Geforce 7800 GT and it will be here in about 10 days. But i am looking for a monitor now. I was looking for a CRT 20-21" to avoid LCD bleeding (cant stand it) while i play fast paced games. But it seems CRT monitors (no bleeding, and very inexpensive) are a dieing breed. What am i going to do? switch to LCD? I need some good knowledgeable help. I just want a good semi-big monitor that will display my games beautifully, without bleeding.

I'm no expert by any means, but...From my little experiance, the best CRT Monitors i have ever seen/used are the Iiyama Visonmaster Pro's.

I would have got one myself if i had the room in my bedroom (they're huge)...I actually regret buying my Viewsonic VX924, despite it being a gorgeous LCD, i got it when i was getting in to gaming and i now realise i should have gone for a CRT.

However, as you said CRT's are becoming a rarity. In fact, the Iiyamas, because they're so good (in my opinion), seem nearly to be the only ones which are manufactored now. If you want one, i'd advise Ebaying it:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IIYAMA-VISION...goryZ174QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Check that out, 22" and it'll probably go for under £100!

Hope i've helped a little. Good luck, and report back.

now it might just be cuz im cheap lol, but id go with a referbished (lol yeah i know my spelling sucks) CRT from newegg

ok... well, if finance is an issue (and I understand, totally), then a good crt is great. CRT's, no doubt, are still the best for gaming. Nothing comes close to the refresh rates of a CRT. But, today, with tight spaces, ugly looking things, sometimes an lcd is a better choice. But I understand.

Yeah, too true. Dell's 24" widescreen... ohhhh... you get two of those... that's as far as the eye can see. Their 17" monitors are nice too. BUt still... for gaming, 8ms and less is what you need if you don't want ghosting.

I have to agree with The Power. Dell sells some sweet monitors. Some are made by Sony and use the trinitron setup. I have 2 dell crt monitors, a 19 and a 17 inch both trinitrons. Killer pictures. However I will kill over my Nokia 21" crt. 445Xi. You can pick these up at shops for cheap. We have one place close to me that sells them used for 50 bucks US. But then I got the best deal. Some one gave this nokia to me for free.

Back
Top Bottom