Good Laptop for college?

Laptop
This is a good laptop for the money.
It's not a gamer, but you don't need one, this is plenty powerful for school.
And I'm sorry, but a white laptop to me is very sexy.

Netbooks are meant to be cheap and disposable. It's something you wouldn't worry about should you leave it on the plane or drop it on the floor.

Well I'm not sure what kind of money you are making but If I left my $400 dollar netbook on a plane, I would worry.

What do you mean by that? Of course they are. What do you think I'm using right now?
And I am using my netbook right now.

What I meant is, one is not going to be making a gaming rig from a laptop.
They are not going to be making an insane video editing rig from a laptop.
Laptops do have kick, they just don't have enough kick for anything to serious.
Yes.. I know some laptops are very good at editing and some games blah blah blah. You know what I mean.

One is going to build a gaming or a serious editing rig with a tower and external monitor.

Well I'm not sure what kind of money you are making but If I left my $400 dollar netbook on a plane, I would worry.

Better than loosing your $2000.00 ThinkPad.

They are not going to be making an insane video editing rig from a laptop.
They sure could. I see Apple MacBook Pro notebooks being used all the time by movie studios and production companies on the road.

Laptops do have kick, they just don't have enough kick for anything to serious.
They sure do.

Yes.. I know some laptops are very good at editing and some games blah blah blah. You know what I mean.
Now you've contradicted yourself, and I don't know what you mean.

One is going to build a gaming or a serious editing rig with a tower and external monitor.
No idea what you mean by this.

The netbook is a niche product. They have enough processing power to get you by, but not enough to be your primary computer. There's enough differences between an average notebook and netbook to set them apart.

Better than loosing your $2000.00 ThinkPad.

They sure could. I see Apple MacBook Pro notebooks being used all the time on the road by movie studios and production companies.

They sure do.

Now you've contradicted yourself, and I don't know what you mean.

No idea what you mean by this.

The netbook is a niche product. They have enough processing power to get you by, but not enough to be your primary computer. There's enough differences between an average notebook and netbook to set them apart.

I didn't really contradict myself, if you look I said some games and very good at editing but not necessarily video editing.
What I mean is, a desktop would own the crap out of a laptop when it comes to gaming and/or editing.

I didn't really contradict myself, if you look I said some games and very good at editing but not necessarily video editing.
What I mean is, a desktop would own the crap out of a laptop when it comes to gaming and/or editing.

Definitely. There are some laptops with decent horsepower, but they have terrible battery life, and are crazy priced in comparison to desktops.

Yeah, and...? This brings me back to your original quote.

Well to be honest, laptops aren't necessarily suitable as your primary computer either. Of course depending on what you are going to use it for.

So you're saying notebooks can't be your primary computer, but some can? You can't have both. It's either one or the other.

Yeah, and...? This brings me back to your original quote.

So you're saying notebooks can't be your primary computer, but some can? You can't have both. It's either one or the other.

I still say they can't be your primary computer DEPENDING on what you are doing with it.
Well to be honest, laptops aren't necessarily suitable as your primary computer either. Of course depending on what you are going to use it for.

That's contradicting yourself. You just stated...

Well to be honest, laptops aren't necessarily suitable as your primary computer either.
Which translates to "notebooks aren't suitable as your primary computer".

Then you state...

Of course depending on what you are going to use it for.
Which translates to "notebooks can be suitable as your primary computer". See my point here? You can't have it both ways.

That's contradicting yourself. You just stated...

Which translates to "notebooks aren't suitable as your primary computer".

Then you state...

Which translates to "notebooks can be suitable as your primary computer". See my point here? You can't have it both ways.

Well to me you can have it both ways.
Depending on what laptop you have, and what you are going to be doing with it.

No matter what anyone says, a desktop will kick a laptops but. Ergo the reason why it should be used as your primary.
You can use a laptop as a primary but again depending on what you do with it.

And you didn't quote the whole post.. I clearly stated after that depending on what you used it for.

Back
Top Bottom