Good ibook buy?

kyleman999 said:
yeah i know, but right now i'm bidding on another g3

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=320047906858&rd=1&rd=1

so far i havent seen anyone with an older mac that couldnt run os X good. Maybe not the latest version but they all could do it. As long as they had more than 128 megs of ram it seemed like they were very plesaed with it. I'm looking for a laptop to
1- play around with the mac
2- use it for basic stuff ( internet , trypin up assigments, msn , maybe some editing with the cool software os X comes with)
and i want all this under 250 MAXXXX since i want to build up some cash for a new PC when vista comes out !! yay!!!!!

tell me what you guys think about my buy

thanks!
well osx doesnt come with ilife (which is imovie, idvd, garageband, iweb, iphoto)

lol i actually bought ilife a while ago :cool:

imgp1043qz4.jpg

i'll get my hands on ilife one way or another :)

so, how much ram do you need to run OS X with no kinks... and whats the lowest amount of ram youd recommend to have. I feel like i'm converting religions its so hard to go from PC to MAC lol they're tottaly different

lmao converting religions. well 192 is enough to run it fast, but any decent programs (idvd, imovie) will require like 512. garageband wont work on that thing

oh really, cause i think the limit on the g3 500 mhz is like 640mb of ram that the "logic board" ................... i think allows for. Am i correct or tottaly just talking jibberish hahaah?

well whatever, 512 will be enough. and the laptops i think will take up to 640mb, yes. the desktop g3 blue and whites will take up to 1 gig.

Back
Top Bottom