Is this a good gaming pc?

eltronator

Solid State Member
I'm searching around for a gaming pc but i'm on a budget and i'm not looking to have the best out there but i still want to be able to play a lot of todays newer games like bf2,ghost recon:adv. warfighter,hl2, etc..I'm looking for something around $1300. right now i only have this computer in mind:

Dimension E520 Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 524 (3.06GHz, 533FSB)
Operating System Genuine Windows® XP Media Center 2005 Edition
Memory 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz- 2DIMMs
Keyboard and Mouse Bundles Dell USB Keyboard and Dell 2-button Scroll Mouse
Monitor 15 inch E156FP Analog Flat Panel
Video Cards 256MB nVidia Geforce 7300LE TurboCache
Hard Drives 160GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cacheâ„¢
Floppy Drive and Media Reader 13 in 1 Media Card Reader
Mouse Mouse included in Wireless, Laser or Bluetooth Package
Network Interface Integrated 10/100 Ethernet
Modem 56K PCI Data Fax Modem
Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 7.0
CD or DVD Drive Dual Drives: 16x DVD-ROM Drive + 16x DVD+/-RW
Sound Cards Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio

Recommendations welcomed! thanks

yea its better to build your own, thats not an amazing computer, but its not bad by any means, i would highly recomend building your own though!! we could help you step by step

yeah i agree with bullzi, im building my own and im getting as much help as possible and everyone is really helping, but yeah that computer is good(not great but good)

My friend is a huge gamer and he has 2 Alienware Desktops and a Laptop by Alienware and they Rock at gaming for a affordable price so you might wanna try them.

Keithism said:
My friend is a huge gamer and he has 2 Alienware Desktops and a Laptop by Alienware and they Rock at gaming for a affordable price so you might wanna try them.

yea this dell prolly costs less than 1grand, and the same stuff in an alienware would probably cost around 2grand

they arent that bad, i have a dell that is probably 8 years old, still works like a charm ;) i mean you cant overclock them, but you cant beat the price, no sense in paying a thousand more just for the name alienware if your not a huge gamer

eltronator i dont mean anything offensive by posting prices, just stating fact

ok this dell that eltronator is looking at getting costs 744 give or take a few bucks (not shipped)

an alienware STARTS at 1749

If building it myself saves me money then that's not a bad idea, but unfortunately i will be purchasing 10 computers. I will be opening an small internet lounge but i also want to provide computers for gamers. Please note this is not an GAMING cafe but i also don't want to leave those people who want to enjoy gaming out in the dark. I'm sure Alienware computers are good gaming machines but I'd rather trade the nifty glowing cases and cable for a plain solid one and save me some money. Right now I just need something that will deliver good gameplay and as business grows then i will upgrade hardware. I take no offense if you post prices, that's why i'm here to try and find the right pc. thanks!

Back
Top Bottom