Is this a good computer?

seanrider

Solid State Member
Well I posted last week that i was thinking of buying a computer at dell but i never got a chance to buy it. This week i went to best buy and I saw a HP computer for a good price($1,199.99) and i was wondering if it was ok to buy a computer from best buy and is HP good?

The specs of the computer are (Im not sure the graphics card but I was planning on upgrading that no matter what)

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 Processor

6GB Ram

1 Terabyte Hard drive

22" screen

Thanks

Edit: i found the computer on Best Buy's website (I'm a Canadian so...) http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=BDL10001662&logon=&langid=EN

depends on what you plan to use it for.
but overall, its a good computer, though i dont know about the price...

What do you mean its a bad price? I want to use my computer for downloading torrents and p2p(im a heavy downloader) and play games(but i can worry about that after cause im a newbie in PC gaming)

What do you mean its a bad price? I want to use my computer for downloading torrents and p2p(im a heavy downloader) and play games(but i can worry about that after cause im a newbie in PC gaming)

That computer seems a bit over the top for downloading torrents. I mean, any computer would be sufficient providing you have a large hard drive if you are a heavy downloader. Now, as far as gaming is concerned, there are better options out there for a better price. I have to say however, the monitor that comes with that desktop is awesome as hell. I work at Best Buy, so I've messed around with it plenty of times.

You're over-doing it. Here's what I've been recommending to people:

If you want a future-proof computer, you don't mind spending around 1-1.5k, and you do some multi-threaded work as well as gaming, go with the i7 cores.

If you want to spend less than 1k, have a decent gaming computer, and don't care about having to upgrade in 2-3 years (or whenever multi-threaded games begin to come out in the market) go with a C2D. Plain C2Qs are not worth it!

edit: The statement posted above applies if and only if you're build your own.

Well i want a future proof computer. The computer im on now iv have been using for 7 years and I upgraded it in 2006 so I want a computer that is going to last long. I always see people recommending me building my own computer but I have no intention of doing that. I also plan to keep my computer for 5-7 years so I want a future proof computer.

And what is better Dell or HP(HP is way cheaper in price)

Excuse me but i hardly know anything about computer what is the Q8200?(the processor but its Quad)

Back
Top Bottom