good card for 150-200 dollars

yeah so i went with the 9800 pro from ATI. i cant wait for this card to arrive. it looks great. i already have the hl2 game, i will install it when the card arrives so i can see it being played great! i ordered it from newegg, and will arrive in a few days im assuming.

OMG... You should have bought the 5950Ultra from your friend, and sold it on Ebay for $400!! Then you could have gotten a 6800GT!!! But OK.... The 9800Pro is pwned by even the 5950Ultra btw... Sry I didn't get here in time... Pity.. But GL either way!

yeah so i figured after i get this card, which will be in a few days, my next upgrade will just be a whole new PCI E system. i think it will be well worth it, and here are some of the specs that im looking at!

MSI PCI E mobo ( not too sure the modle, ect)
1 GIG CORSAIR at 333 PC 2700 ( not the fastest ram, but it will do)
Geforce 6600 GT ( not willing to spend a TON of money on a card, cuz the cheaper i can get the system the quicker i can get it)
P4 3.0 800 FSB LGA 775 Socket
A cool case with a nice PSU
And a nice sound card, not sure yet
Westeern Digital 80 gig hard drive ( i dont need TONS of room, because i download NOTHING at all. and belive me, some people will say that hard drive is too small, but thats perfect for me)
And a DVD ROM drive, looking for a nice one

And get this. this system comes out to less than 1000 bucks on newegg!!! and that would be a great upgrade from mine, seeing how i looking at PCI E for next comp

i know my name is amdguy, but from what im looking at PCI E systems arent really made with AMD yet. And i am not hardcore AMD, eh so what if a good system works on p4, ill surely do that in a heartbeat.

Let me know what everyone thinks, thanks!!

yes i do realize nforce 4 is amd only, but i wanst planning on doing sli, nor was i planning on doing AMD. but i did read you review zen, about how PCI E isnt that great, and it helped a lot. i have heard the same thing about PCI E, and how its overall giving a much slower preformance than a lot of the other setups out there. like i said i just ordered my new card, and i cant wait, so what would you sugest for a new system? Go with one of those SLI boards, or just do a whole new AGP setup? I dont want to do AGP, only because pci e will be making more cards soon, and might be the standard one day. So thanks for those links, and i will look into one of those boards.

Well, why would you not go AMD???? I mean, they are way better then Intel, and PCIe is still better then AGP by quite a bit, just not as much as people thought. Go nForce4 with a PCIe (use the MSI one, it is great) and use an ATi x850XT GPU for your graphics card, because they PWN nVidia really really bad... :D Also, use an AMD64 3500+ or better for your CPU.. Don't go Intel, they suck compared to AMD in gaming. The 3400+ even beats the "mighty" Intel P4 Extreme Edition 3.4GHz in all FPS tests... That is sad... :D

msi nforce 4 ultra mobo isnt SLI its PCIE and its for sock 939 amd cpus, so most likley the extra money u spend on the mobo, ull not have to spend extra money, cuz u can get a sock 939 3200+ for cheaper than the p4 3.0, and i think the 3200 sticks with the 3.2 EE dun it zen? so go amd :) its cheaper

ya it does, lol its funny buz there is a 800 dollar price difference......ahhh silly intel, they never knew what hit them ,,,WHAMOOO AMD IN UR FACE

oh man, u picked the 9800 pro over a 5950 ultra???

badddd choice. oh well. It's your money. You could've gotten a killer deal, but... pity.

It's a shame.

Can you get me in contact with your friend??

tell him i want to buy the card.

Hi

Hi guys!! I recently recieved my 9800 pro, and all i can say is this card is doing circles around my old 4 ti 4200!! Doom 3 halls at 1024 res and high quality, and Half Life 2 is also running nice as well! I notcied on the grunts i think their called ( the guys in hl2 with the tics on their head) have AWSOME lighting effects that i never saw with my 4 ti 4200! WOW i was very pleased with this purchase, even though the 5950 was indeed a killer deal i have to admit. Ahh yes and tibs, I will ask my friend about the 5950 ultra, and i will see if i can get you hooked up if you want. Its not pci e , just the AGP 8X. We live in the New Hampshire area, and ill let him know that you are still interested if you are still interested that is. The newer "new gen" games are running much better than i had though. To be quite honest with you, Doom 3 runs much nicer than Half Life 2, but all is good right now. And my proc that im useing is Hella old school!! Well thanks everyone for the great help and all, and ill keep in touch with you guys seeing how you know your stuff!!

My system one more time

AMD Athlon XP 2000+ @ 1.8 ( yea its old but i still love it )
Soyo K7VMP2 Mobo
1024 333 PC2700 RAM major brand??
350 watt PSU
Windows XP Pro
ATI 9800 PRO 128mb
Logitec MX 510 mouse ( INCREDIBLE mouse, for anyone that does not have one this is a MUST for a pc gamer)
Logitec Elite Keyboard i think.. ( its black, and the keys feel like liquid when i type its very nice )

I am looking into a new upgrade soon which would be the AMD Athlon XP 3000+, 333 FSB. I figure this proc would be an incredlible upgrade, and then i could do some very light OCing so it will be about a 2.4, and then ill be all set for pc stuff for a while. I am going to pick up my retail copy of HL2, could get it thorugh steam, but i want the box and stuff for the game, so i want the shelf version. I am mainly getting it for CSS, because 1.6 is just too old and did you know its almost garanteeded (spelling) that every pub you go into for 1.6, at least 50% of the people in the pub will be useing some sort of cheat/hack?? WOW thats just a little too much for me. I hate hackers, and i feel that Hackers ruin the game for other people who want to play it the way its meant to be played. Well thanks again, and im off to do a bunch of homework. Peace...

Back
Top Bottom