good card for 150-200 dollars

SwitchBlade305

Baseband Member
whats a good card for 150-200 dollars? im not willing to spend a whole lot on pc parts, because i am saving up for a new car. would a geforce 5700LE 256mb be a good upgrade? oh yeah and my old card is a 4 ti 4200 128mb. i want to be able to play hl2 well, and not spend 400 dollars on one card. i can run hl2 and d3 fairly well right now, if you can even belive that. i just got done with doom 3 and i was impressed! (yeah so what it took me a while to get through it lol) i also have the hl2 demo, and average about 40 fps on 1024 and medium settings. fairly playble again, but when i go into outdoor enviorments it drops to about 25-30 fps. i just want a card that will run better than the 4 ti 4200, without spending a lot of money or getting a 500 watt power supply. current psu is 350 watt, and i dont belive my pc sucks up a lot of power. one more thing. a friend of mine actually won a geforce fx 5950 ultra 256mb by leadtech in a couter strike source tournament at a local lan center where i live and he comes to find out that he needs a whole new motherboard for this card. he has no time to get a new motherboard, so hes thinking about selling this card for 100-150 dollars and i was shocked at how good of a deal that sounded. let me know what you people think. thanks

why does he need another motherboard for it? Is it PCIe or his motherboard doesn't support higher AGP speed?

Oh well, just buy it off of him. It's a good card.

yeah go with ur friends card!!! u may need a new power supply but it should be ok, u will see very good results in hl2!!

nooooo, it would not, If you want to play HL@ a 5700 256mb card will not work geforce 5 series have difficulty w/ direct x 9.0c , b , a, read this artical, and no it does not cost like 400 buck, is less the 200, get a 9600xt from pwercolor 150-165 nice or get a 9700pro 170-180

nope, they make the best pre pci-e graphic card avalible, better speed, the 5950 or any geforce 5 series cant to direct x 9 for anything.

Back
Top Bottom