Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #11
Baseband Member

Default Re: is this a good buy.

well basically i am not a gamer i just like to download and burn dvd movies.is that good for that

shadydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:08 PM   #12
Baseband Member

Gateway computers are of very bad quality. The motherboards fail very quickly and the power supplies fail quickly. I had one as my bathroom computer and it died last year.

I just bought a cheap netbook for my bathroom pc. It's an asus one. It works well.

I suggest waiting for one good system, instead of buying cheap systems over the years.

SeverusSnape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:09 PM   #13
muz
Golden Master

That computer far exceeds the specifications you would be needing TBH , my computer in my sig is used for the same sort of tasks you use yours for so prob yes you shouldnt get any problems trying to use that computer for that purpose
Old 06-07-2009, 08:12 PM   #14
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeverusSnape View Post
Gateway computers are of very bad quality. The motherboards fail very quickly and the power supplies fail quickly. I had one as my bathroom computer and it died last year.

I just bought a cheap netbook for my bathroom pc. It's an asus one. It works well.

I suggest waiting for one good system, instead of buying cheap systems over the years.
ok..will keep that in mind. just wanted to get something for now untill i learn a bit more about computers so that i can one day build my own computer..

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
That computer far exceeds the specifications you would be needing TBH , my computer in my sig is used for the same sort of tasks you use yours for so prob yes you shouldnt get any problems trying to use that computer for that purpose
ok cool..i was reading something where i can install a gig ethernet card in a computer..woyuld that work on that.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:15 PM   #15
muz
Golden Master

in answer to the question
"Is this a good buy?"
Tbh you could have bought a much cheaper computer with lower specification to carry out the tasks you intend to carry out with this computer so for that reason personally not really a good buy from that angle .It is very overpowered for your needs

well it should have ethernet built in i wouldnt see you needing gigabit ethernet tbh ?
Old 06-07-2009, 08:20 PM   #16
Baseband Member

Quote:
"Is this a good buy?"
Tbh you could have bought a much cheaper computer with lower specification to carry out the tasks you intend to carry out with this computer so for that reason personally not really a good buy from that angle .It is very overpowered for your needs

well it should have ethernet built in i wouldnt see you needing gigabit ethernet tbh ?
ok thanks..i guess i'll just have to take my lost on this one..i guess i was just excited about the intel core 2 quad processor,the big hard drive and the 6 gig memory that it has..
Old 06-07-2009, 08:21 PM   #17
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadydawg View Post
ok thanks..i guess i'll just have to take my lost on this one..i guess i was just excited about the intel core 2 quad processor,the big hard drive and the 6 gig memory that it has..
Lol Eh don't take it like a lose. You still have the badass computer for your needs. eh? eh? haha.

"If that guy knew half the $h*t that I know, his fuzzy little head would explode. " - Matthew Farrell
vampist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:23 PM   #18
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampist View Post
Lol Eh don't take it like a lose. You still have the badass computer for your needs. eh? eh? haha.
lol...i gat you..

Quote:
"Is this a good buy?"

by the way..what does tbh means?
Old 06-07-2009, 08:31 PM   #19
muz
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadydawg View Post
Oh no it isnt a loss it will still do just fine for what you wanted i was just saying it is far overpowered for what you needed however you could do a bit of gaming with that computer as well and with a gpu upgrade your could do even more gaming its not all a loss

oh and tbh=To be honhest
Old 06-07-2009, 08:38 PM   #20
Baseband Member

Quote:
Oh no it isnt a loss it will still do just fine for what you wanted i was just saying it is far overpowered for what you needed however you could do a bit of gaming with that computer as well and with a gpu upgrade your could do even more gaming its not all a loss

oh and tbh=To be honhest
ok thanks...