Is this a good budget build for gaming? Also recommend me a laptop.

dragon1598

Beta member
Alright so heres my build:

CPU: Intel Pentium G860 3.0GHz Dual-Core Processor ($88.75 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock H61M-GE Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($62.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston ValueRAM 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($20.99 @ NCIX US)
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: HIS Radeon HD 7750 1GB Video Card ($84.99 @ Microcenter)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case ($37.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: Corsair 430W ATX12V Power Supply ($36.98 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($98.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $513.65

Is there anyway to improve it without changing the price?
Could it run Minecraft, TF2, Bf3, and skyrim?

Also can someone recommend me a good laptop for minecraft only?

Any laptop with a graphics card (not an intel chipset) can pretty much run minecraft on the highest setting. I can run it on the highest with just a Nvidia 310m and intel core i3 in my Asus k42jc laptop.

That computer will maul minecraft and TF2, not sure about bf3 and skyrim, but since my craptop runs skyrim pretty good, i'll assume it'l eat them whole.

I would personally get a different mobo, such as an ECS or a Gigabyte, I haven't had the best experiences with Asrock.

As for a laptop, Anything with a dedicated card should do, even my 3300m eats it on far render distance.

Last edited:
I've personally never had a problem with ASRock, any RMAs I have seen are due to excess force when placing components into the board, incorrect handling and clumsiness

However, I have a GIGABYTE board myself, the board is good, but customer support is shite.

Well, the only asrock boards i've ever bought were refurbished ones from 3btech on my first real computer.

The first one was DOA and started smoking when we turned it on.
The replacement only lasted 3 months, since i was now out of money, i popped the cpu back into my DC7600 and dealt with crappy intel graphics(at the time i didn't know what a low profile card was or that newegg even exsisted. amazing that was me only 2 years ago)

I still havn't bought any asrock boards, I might give them another chance bringing a 754 system back to life to make sure that windows 8 is indeed giant donkey turds, then see if i can make amd cool n' quiet and directx work on ubuntu, lol

Back
Top Bottom