Is this a good 22” Monitor for my Brother?

I'd say that if there's a lot of gaming involved, you might notice the diff between 5ms and 2ms (I know that I can--but it depends on the game...you'll notice just a SLIGHT blur with 5ms compared to 2ms, but only side-by-side); so realistically, no it won't matter. Just to be future-proofed, I personally would go with the ASUS over the Acer. As for Samsung v. ASUS, I'd say either or would be fine. I would say that the Samsung and ASUS are probably about the same quality--you should check the ASUS website though and see how long their warranty is because I know Samsung is 3 year limited...I'd probably pick the one with the longest warranty between the two.

I'd say that if there's a lot of gaming involved, you might notice the diff between 5ms and 2ms (I know that I can--but it depends on the game...you'll notice just a SLIGHT blur with 5ms compared to 2ms, but only side-by-side); so realistically, no it won't matter. Just to be future-proofed, I personally would go with the ASUS over the Acer. As for Samsung v. ASUS, I'd say either or would be fine. I would say that the Samsung and ASUS are probably about the same quality--you should check the ASUS website though and see how long their warranty is because I know Samsung is 3 year limited...I'd probably pick the one with the longest warranty between the two.

Sweet dudue! You are very thorough and answered my all my questions :) + rep to u.

I know Samsung is a good company when it comes to monitors, so I kind of trust them over Asus, but I will also check the warranty.

Thanks.

If anyone has any more suggestions, please feel free to keep on posting, I still have like a week until I will order this.

No problem man. I try to be thorough because I've been there, done that, for many computer problems/issues....plus, I know that I'll receive the same respect in return in the future if need be. Nothing beats sincerity!

Let me know what you choose...you'll have to cue everyone in on how it looks! Also...watch the Samsung one cuz I'm not sure when the rebate runs out!

Peace,
Zac

Well I just checked and Asus has a 3-year system warranty. I really don't have anything else to go with aside from what you told me, if like you sad Asus and Samsung are really the same here then I guess Il take the Asus, save $30 (after mail-in rebate) and it also has the HDMI (future proof). There is a .5 inch difference in size however, but somehow I don't think he will notice it :)

yeah...you won't notice the .5" difference...I have a Samsung 21.6" and I can't tell the difference. And yes, I think that I would take the ASUS...I like the idea of 1080 with the HDMI port...plus I've never personally had an ASUS and I like to try something new once in a while!

Re: Is this a good 22” Monitor for my Brother?

i am personally using 2 19" Widescreens right now.

One is an acer that I have had for a little over 2 years now and the other is a samsung, which I just got for xmas.

I have never had a problem with my acer and to be honest I think it is great monitor and I would have gotten another one that is almost identical but the samsung was actually cheaper....after MIR.

With that said...I do like the samsung a little bit more now. It slightly brighter with more defined colors... its barely noticeable when you stretch a browser across the 2 screens...

so yeah, I would take a 22" Acer no problem, id even buy it if the res and response time were the same as the samsung if it were a bit cheaper...

Indeed. See I think that's the conclusion we've come to: If the Samsung and ASUS have similar quality, why not take the 1080/HDMI less expensive ASUS?

Back
Top Bottom