Is this good

madrox242

Baseband Member
My firend is Building this computer and he needs to know if its good because he doesnt know AMD to well and hes not sure because he is switching from intel

Amd Athlon 64 3400 @ 2.4
Jetway ATX Moitherboard
Western Digital 200 Gb HardDrive @7200 RPM
Samsung cd-rw/Dvd Reader
1 Gig of Pny 400 (Pc3200)
Broadway Com Corp Case
500 Watt power Supply
Nvidia 6600 GT
And I forgot what Sound Card he wants But its an audigy (7.1)

yes it would be a fairly good computer that will last him a few years and allow him to play the top games too.
He just needs to make sure the CPU matches the mobo
cpu socket. AS he didn't give the model number for the mobo...just make sure it is a socket 939.

If your friend would like to upgrade in the future I would suggest going with the Socket 939 mobo and processor. It may be a little more expensive, but it's worth it.

I didnt think the socket type depened on how fast this thing was ... Because like i see people with 3500 amd pro. and they still have lower Ghz he this one does

He's not saying that the socket type affects the speed. He's saying that most upgrades are going to require a 939 socket, and if he uses a 754, he can pretty much give up on any upgrades he might want for the computer in the future, as nothing is gonna support the 754.

oh alright well by then he will probably redo everything again because i mean by the time its time ot get a new processor the price of the Mobo's will be down and hell be able to probably by them as a combo kit

That's a damn good machine, I wouldn't say no to that.

But I would suggest he gets the 6800GT instead of the 6600GT if he can afford it. The prices should begin to drop after the 7800 becomes more and more available.

Back
Top Bottom