Going to put the order in a newegg tomorrow

I just placed my order! I ended up going with the 500W version of the PSU just to be on the safe side. Hopefully everything runs smooth. I will post back when I get things put together and running. I'll need help with overclocking that brisbane a bit (only to a level that is still very safe).

Anyone have any pointers for putting together a computer? I've never done it before. The closest I have gotten is installing ram and a video card. A friend of mine and I also just took apart a laptop to try and salvage it (It got a glass of wine poured into the keyboard).

Thanks for all the help! Im excited!

I just noticed that the Asus Board I bought from newegg is not for sale anymore. Does this mean that I bought an out of date board that just got taken off, or that too many people are buying them and they are out?

I guess I'm just freaking out because this is my first build.

Also, I looked at that computer building guide and saw stuff about starting the computer before attaching hard drives/dvd drives and going through the BIOS and "CMOS Setup Utility", then attaching your SATA HD and booting and messing with that, and then finally booting for a third time and installing your OS.

I guess I just assumed I could throw everything together and put in my XP install cd and get it going right away.

Is the multi-boot system the best way to get the computer going or do people just put it all together and load an OS?

Back
Top Bottom