Going from desktop to Laptop for home PC

Harper77

Beta member
Hi everyone - new here so be nice! :p

I currently use a desktop for my home pc needs. However, recently moved to a condo and in an effort for space and flexibility I am thinking of going with a laptop and tossing the desktop.

This is what I do most often currently:
-download music and listen via itunes on pc
-download and burn movies to watch on big screen tv

Now tell me if the following is a good idea or if U have something better:
-get a laptop but download the movies to an external harddrive and use an external burner if ever I wanna burn something to keep
-instead of having to watch a burned movie, move the movie file downloaded from the external to the laptop, then hook the laptop up to the TV and voila! no more burning!

Is my idea above do-able? Is the laptop going to give me as much use as I have currently with the desktop?

If you are going to hook the laptop into the tv then I would suggest just keeping the desktop and getting a wireless keyboard and mouse and then you can use your tv as the monitor we have a similar setup in our living room and its amazing to browse the internet on a 52inch tv lol.. If you are looking to have portability where you can take the laptop into other rooms and other locations then yes look into a laptop but personally you can do what you already have with the desktop and a 30 dolllar wireless keyboard and mouse combo.

Back
Top Bottom