Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-23-2007, 07:12 PM   #61
muz
Golden Master

Default Re: Go Ahead and Brag about ur computers here

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm View Post
Well, my parents didn't contribute a dime to my computer. Personally, I didn't want them to. That way, they need my permission to access anything on it
yeah that was my feeling as well mainly why my comp is crap as i dont have a job at the mo , i have a younger sister as well and i thought if my parents pay towards it they may make me let my sister use it which would be annoying asshe would load it up with spyware which is what girls usually do
i also paid for my laptop for the same reason

Old 06-23-2007, 07:27 PM   #62
Fully Optimized

Well my computer is ok, not that high end not that mid end, hehe I am just pissed I cant OC my processor everything else is fine by me.

//Antec 902 V3 Case, Intel i7-2600K (@4.5GHz 1.280V watercooled w/ Antec H2O Kuhler 920), 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz, ASUS P8P67 PRO B3, MSI 3GB N580 GTX Lightning Xtreme (@850MHz/2100MHz), 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3, Corsair HX850W Pro Series//
//XPS 410 C2D E6400 @ 2.13GHz, 2GB DDR2 667MHz, 250GB HD, eVGA 320mb 8800GTS(605/1900MHz)//
//AMD Athlon XP +2000, Socket A MSI-6390, 768 mb of PC 2100 RAM, AGP ATI RADEON 9600SE//

I <3 TrancE
NeXuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:28 PM   #63
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelis View Post
As for earning money, here is a suggestion, find some friends and open up a mini-business where you take somebody's broken comps, repair them, and charge a little fee.
That's not easy to do as a 14 year old, people will look at you and ask your age and if you have certifications, then pass you right up. It's happened to me plenty of times, and I'm 17, 16 not too long ago. I do get a few PCs to repair from time to time from people I know or the rare person that doesn't care if I don't have certifications (as they really only say you passed the test, not that you can do anything with computers), but I don't charge an immense amount. I charge $15 minimum, and usually $15 flat unless it something like a hard drive or CD drive install, more like $5 for that. Or if it takes a lot more time because something else came up, then it will be more. I make more money by collecting, rebuilding, and reselling PCs.
Jesusfrk611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 09:41 PM   #64
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Thelis Send a message via MSN to Thelis Send a message via Yahoo to Thelis

I charge $15 bucks to fix an ipod. I got about a hundred iPods this year, and that brings me up to $1,500 in total income. Plus personal savings add another $1,000.

Then there is the stuff I got from friends which include old hdds, incompat ram...
Thelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:22 PM   #65
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm View Post
Some fast food places hire at 14. I started working at a Culvers the day I turned 14.
omg, i just realized you live in WI, i miss culvers so much, they dont have it on the east coast....

i dont know about this kid, but celegorm, if you want to earn some money ill pay you to mail me culvers food!!!!
Zaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 11:00 PM   #66
In Runtime

I wish I have my own job, then there would be no one to tell me what I can or cant buy, then I could buy a top end computer. Ahhh, just a sample of freedom.
Xx-Legend-xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 11:07 PM   #67
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Thelis Send a message via MSN to Thelis Send a message via Yahoo to Thelis

But with a job, you have to pay for other stuff, so unless you have a mid-level job or higher you couldn't buy a top-end comp, since you would still have to pay all the bills an everything.

I mean, you could just say screw it and buy an amazing comp, but then you are in credit and stuff goes downhill from there.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:25 PM   #68
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaki View Post
omg, i just realized you live in WI, i miss culvers so much, they dont have it on the east coast....

i dont know about this kid, but celegorm, if you want to earn some money ill pay you to mail me culvers food!!!!
I might just have to take you up on that. How much are we talking about

I hate to rub it in, but there are three of them within a 10 mile radius of my house

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 12:45 AM   #69
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelis View Post
But with a job, you have to pay for other stuff, so unless you have a mid-level job or higher you couldn't buy a top-end comp, since you would still have to pay all the bills an everything.

I mean, you could just say screw it and buy an amazing comp, but then you are in credit and stuff goes downhill from there.
As a teenager how many bills are you going to have to pay? Unless your parents make you start paying for something... The only thing I have to pay for is gas for my car, and I pay with cash, so no bills there.

Once you start living on your own though, that does apply, and I agree you need to pay your bills first and save any extra money up for a nicer PC. I'm currently saving for a nicer car.
Jesusfrk611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 12:48 AM   #70
Golden Master

Car> PC IMO. For some people cars aren't that necessary as they live somewhere small and it is not hard getting from place to place. For me though, I would take a car over ANY computer.