Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-26-2009, 10:52 PM   #31
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Glad this wasn't me

I don't think they can considering he did it himself, yet doesn't the manufacturer have a warrenty that lets them do this

Old 04-26-2009, 11:03 PM   #32
Fully Optimized

Wouldn't that be considered "damaging the component"?I'm not sure that Newegg or AMD would back him on that. I know I wouldn't. I'd laugh until the sun rose and keep laughing some more.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:35 PM   #33
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

I you had noticed, Asus responded buy saying to contact them with a reference number. It appears that they are willing to help the dummy out.
Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:52 PM   #34
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
I you had noticed, Asus responded buy saying to contact them with a reference number. It appears that they are willing to help the dummy out.
Yeah thats the MOBO tho... Im not too sure about the CPU's tho cuz he used 2 of em and bent the pins. I dont think thta is covered on the RMA process but ya never know with NewEgg cuz they are such a fantastic company they prolly will hook him up...
Raidmax Smilodon Extreme Black Case -|-AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 3829.50 Mhz (18.5 x 207, vcore 1.424, NB 2600 mhz, HT link 2200 mhz) -|- Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283V -|- Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P Mobo -|- G. Skill 6Gb (3 x 2Gb) DDR3 1333 RAM 7-7-7-18-2t -|- WD Caviar 7200 RPM 1 TB HDD -|- OCZ GameXtreme 700W -|- Radeon 4870 1Gb @ 780/1050 -|- Asus VW202NR 20" wide-screen -|- Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit -|- Saitek Cyborg Keyboard -|- Razer Lachesis Mouse
PokerDegenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:56 PM   #35
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

Looks like we missed that part too:

Quote:
Now I had both a new mobo and a new cpu (that the new mobo messed up) to RMA. Newegg was very good about sending RMA approval, I sent thewm back 5 days ago, and haven't got notification they were recvd yet ... wish me luck! I won't "down the CPU or Newegg ... because it happens" ... shrug
That's the kind of service that makes Newegg the best.

Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote