Gigabyte Ga-ma790x

slayer6466

Baseband Member
What do you guys think about the GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-DS4 AM2+.And what processor should i match it up with.Its primarily for gaming.thanks all

How much have you got to spend? Are you an OC'er? I think regardless of the answers to the questions you can get a better board. Answering them however, would help me select the best for your situation.

If you have $200 to spend on a motherboard and you are an OC'er I recommend the Asus M3A79-T Deluxe. While for a processor I recommend the AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+ BE. Although it seems cheap, with the board recommended above, you should be able to easily hit the 3.4GHz mark.

If you're not an OC'er I highly recommend you make the switch over from AMD to Intel. If you can't do that then I suggest you get the same processor listed above, but instea of the OC'er motherboard, get the Foxconn A7GM-S 780G.

i already have the gigabyte board was just wondering your opinions and what processor i should get.is the 790x no good then?

AR, any idea of how the DS4 OC's? He could be able to push the 5400+ further than the 6000+. Although I'm not sure on how good of a OC'er the user and the processor are...

Well, considering the 6000+ is running at 3.1GHz already and can be pushed a bit further, it would be a better buy than the 5400+ BE.

I'm not sure of it's overclocking abilities, but there's more to a motherboard then just overclocking. Stability and performance just to name a couple. The AMD 790 is an excellent performing chipset for the AMD CPU's.

A GPU? How much do you want to spend?

EVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216

SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4870

:D

tf2,old cs.:D :D hardly play crysis but was looking forward to playing fallout 3 and far cry 2

Back
Top Bottom