Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asone20

Beta member
Thinking about getting this MB for Christmas: Gigabyte

The only thing is that it is listed as having a PCIe 2.0, but in the reviews section a buyer has said this:

"Newegg needs to stop listing these motherboards as PCIE 2.0. We all know 2.0 cards will work in 1.0 slots, so stop confusing people by listing it as PCIE 2.0, IT IS NOT! It's 1.0. So buyer beware if you just trust Newegg to tell you the truth. They have a lot of their boards listed as PCIE 2.0 that aren't. I even used the "compare" feature and compared this board to other boards, same lie, IT DOES NOT RUN AT 2.0 speed."

I checked it on TigerDirect and it doesn't say anything about it being a 2.0 PCIe. So Does anyone know if it is or not? And what are con's between having a 2.0 card on PCIe 1.0 rather than a 2.0?

Also, I've always used TigerDirect to order my computer parts and never had a DOA or anything, I know NewEgg has a much larger variety of items and better deals but I heard there quality standard is down and customers receive alot of DOA items and such. Tigerdirect doesn't seem to have that problem but then again the customer base is smaller. So could someone also give me some advice on that? Thankyou.

Never trust reviews like that anywhere. You will not see a difference from 1.0 and 2.0 unless you're using an extremely high end card. Even then, about 5 FPS. Most cards can't fully utilize the bandwidth of a 1.0 lane, let alone 2.0.

Yeah not only does that conform to PCIe 2.0, but it's also a great board with good frequency/voltage settings. I used it with an E3300 Celeron CPU and got that sucker from 2.5ghz default to 4.0ghz. It's not my mother's PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom