Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-22-2006, 06:05 AM   #1
Baseband Member
Default ggrr, now what? help me please

i got my laptop almost 2 months ago - a dell inspiron 1300 256mb ram and 60gb hard drive.
however when i noticed the cd drive only plays dvds and not cds i did a self diagnostics test on it to see what was wrong.
apparently some cd reading data is missing. can i type this back in or will it have to be sent away to b repaired?

also if i do have to send it away, will all of my settings and features be deleated along with my hard drive being formatted?

dell inspiron 1300, 15.4 inch screen, 60gig, 512mb ddr ram, and its all i need lol!
danc1990@hotmail.co.uk msn me, im always happy to share info and make new friends :)
danagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:25 PM   #2
Daemon Poster
Default Re: ggrr, now what? help me please

i think your dell should have a system restore feature to it. back up all your data, and on boot up i think you press like f-11 or something to enter the system restore. follow the steps and it should restore your computer to the way it was when you first got it. (and i dont know how you lost the cd reading data you mentioned, but if your not familiar with the registry i wouldn't use a registry cleaner). hope this helps and works for you.
thebigdintx is offline   Reply With Quote