Gfx Card duel monitors

Easywink

Solid State Member
Hey so i was wondering as i can't run duel monitors with my current graphics card (ATI Raedon 3000 Integrated) I was wondering if it is possible to install another graphics card with the integrated graphics card so i can use duel screen monitors, it doesn't need to be of good quality just need to run 2 seperate screens, is this possible? if not whats the cheapest way to run duel screen monitors with my situation.

Thanks -Dan.

You cannot run a monitor off integrated and dedicated graphics cards. You have to run them both off the dedicated graphics card or get a cable and run two off the integrated graphics.

-Taken from Dxdiag-
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 12/26/2013, 12:52:35
Machine name: DAN-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ECS
System Model: A960M-MV
BIOS: BIOS Date: 11/13/12 20:08:36 Ver: 04.06.05
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 270 Processor (2 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3834MB RAM
Page File: 3124MB used, 4541MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9616)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9616&SUBSYS_7DD81019&REV_00
Display Memory: 1913 MB
Dedicated Memory: 252 MB

These days the main two makers nVidia and AMD have almost all of their cards supporting multimonitor setups.

All you have to do is check the back of the card and see more than one monitor output. No need to have them both of the same type.

Just get the cheapest card you find. Like for example Geforce GT 610. You can find it for like 45$ USD.

This is what I know. There could be another way the experts could suggest.

These days the main two makers nVidia and AMD have almost all of their cards supporting multimonitor setups.

All you have to do is check the back of the card and see more than one monitor output. No need to have them both of the same type.

Just get the cheapest card you find. Like for example Geforce GT 610. You can find it for like 45$ USD.

This is what I know. There could be another way the experts could suggest.

tyvm for helping, so can i get this graphics card and install it without needing anything else with it then just plug my monitors in and play?

You're welcome.

You will need a free PCI-E slot to install the card (I'm not familiar with AMD motherboards so you'll have to check the manual) and an extra monitor cable of course for the second monitor.

In worst cases you can find conversion cables or adapters easily so practically you can use any kinda cable and I recommend staying away from the old standard VGA cable. If you already have cables, find a video card that supports them natively or if you don't, check the available ports on the chosen video card and buy the cables accordingly.

Thank you a lot for the help Smart_Guy and BK_123 i got the GeForce GT 610 as you recommended and a DVI cable now i just need to receive and install my graphics card, that thankfully my motherboard has an extra PCI-E slot for.
All i need to do now is watch some videos because ive never modified a computer before and i don't want to mess it up :p Thank you both so much! :D

-Dan

Cool. You're welcome Dan.

8X PCI-E slots will work okay for this card since is has a very low bandwidth. I believe even 4X will do just fine.

Take it easy man :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom