gforce 5200

alex_boothby

In Runtime
right basically, i had a radeon 9600 pro and it broke, soooo i went to my dads and put back in my old geforce 5200fx and plugged in one of his monitors and it worked fine! even played BF2 alright!

i take the comp back to my house and bloody hell it wont work, comes up with the blue screen of death saying nv4_disp i stuck in an infinite loop. SO i go in safe mode, uninstall drivers so now it works but crappy cus not using g-card. i go and download latest nvidia drivers for it, reboot, not it will only run in 8 colours!!! so i try another set of drivers, and they come up with the blue screen of death again!!!

any ideas??? thanx

i was wondering if the drivers wernt going in and if i should put them in manually>.... but i dont kno how lol!!

Between installing the 5200 and taking the comp back to your house what changed?

If the answer is 'nothing' i have absolutely no idea.

normally ya need 2 uninstall the ATI drivers b4 puttin a diff gc in, make sure ya havnt got anythin 2 ATI on the comp with the nvidia card in

i fexed it! just took the g-card out and put it back in!! it might have come out the socket a little!!!!

Back
Top Bottom