Re: getting started on computer build.
Wew thank god you asked this question cause you could of really misse dup your PC, the PIN SIDE IS EXTERMELY IMPORTANT I am going keep the installation simple
1. Install the CPU latch the CPU into the socket
2. Put thermal paste on the metal side (NOT THE PIN SIDE) just a dab in the middle no more, the less the better
3. Ensure your heatskin doesn't have a thermal pad on it!
4. If it does, wipe it off with a towel or somthing.
5. Place the heatskin on the CPU, latch it place puff your done.
Also can we get your specs?
Main Rig: I7 920 CPU, 6 Gigs ram 5870 GPU
M17X Laptop 2.8 Ghz Dual Core, 4870 Radeon