Getting rid of HD's

_-..zKiLLA..-_

Fully Optimized
okay so i now i have a 250gig Sata HD as my windows drive so i thought why not take out those other 2 IDE drives im not using (they're just chillin generating heat, thats not good) so i take them out and boot her up and she gives me some "NTLDR" error. so i thought it must have been something with those disks, so i put them back and now it works fine. what should i do? oh and i noticed that my windows drive is D: not C: :confused: :confused:

Reformat to the 250? You must have slow boot speeds if it's going from the IDE. You really don't have a choice if you want faster boot speeds. I guess you could create an image and burn it to the SATA.

NTLDR is the boot loader for Windows. For some reason, the boot loader must have been installed on one of the other drives.

If you repair the Windows installation (assuming it really is on the 250GB drive) then it should work.

Often, windows decides to place boot files across drives.

As long as windows is your only OS, in the repair console type "fixboot" and "fixmbr"

Put your XP cd in. it'll load a bunch of files, It'll come up with a few options. One will say recovery console.

yeah well my XP isn't exactly legit ;) and it doesn't have recovery so i just took the HD's out and did a fresh install and everything is workin good now :D

Back
Top Bottom