Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-06-2007, 02:48 PM   #11
In Runtime
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 223
Default Re: getting ready to order need to the go or no go sign lol

well if poeple would take the time to look at the links youd see that the mother boards does supports a 1333fsb and it does support the ram i have listed dont go jumping to conclusions just because the head line says somethin read the specs
__________________

0v3rc10cl0ck3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:39 PM   #12
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,629
Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀
Default Re: getting ready to order need to the go or no go sign lol

Did you find that link to the 680i review?
__________________

ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:20 PM   #13
In Runtime
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 223
Default Re: getting ready to order need to the go or no go sign lol

i belive the review on that mobo was for the NF63 SE editoin baord i think that was the one they were have the problems with the i have selected is the NF68 overclocking extreme edition i dont see why this board would not support a 1333fb its rated for it and the ram i have selected is also compatibal with this board it says so in the specs
0v3rc10cl0ck3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:24 PM   #14
Daemon Poster
 
Taylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 946
Default Re: getting ready to order need to the go or no go sign lol

are you canadian or have you not heard of newegg?
__________________
| Intel Pentium D 820 2.80GHz(Smithfield) | EVGA 780i | EVGA GeForce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 |4GB Corsair 800 | WDCaviar 250GB | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro(w/ arctic silver 5) | Ultra 500w X-Finity Power Supply w/ 120mm Fan | Antec P180B. | Windows Vista Home Premium | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic | Dell Ultrasharp 22" Flatscreen Monitor

Macbook Pro 15" Unibody. 2GB Ram 250GB HDD Leopard
Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:51 PM   #15
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,629
Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀
Default Re: getting ready to order need to the go or no go sign lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0v3rc10cl0ck3d View Post
i belive the review on that mobo was for the NF63 SE editoin baord i think that was the one they were have the problems with the i have selected is the NF68 overclocking extreme edition i dont see why this board would not support a 1333fb its rated for it and the ram i have selected is also compatibal with this board it says so in the specs
I know its the NF63 board. But the same applies for the NF68a1 board you'll still need to remove the nb&sb and put some new thermal paste on there if you don't want to burn it up overclocking.

Ya your stuff is fine disregard what they said about it not working because they are fine.
ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:55 PM   #16
Site Team
 
celegorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,713
Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: getting ready to order need to the go or no go sign lol

That evga board has supported 1333 since it was released. It's latest BIOS (P30) is said to add complete functionality and support for these processors, but it's not required to run it.
__________________
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:32 PM   #17
In Runtime
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 223
Default Re: getting ready to order need to the go or no go sign lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieDaShark83 View Post
I know its the NF63 board. But the same applies for the NF68a1 board you'll still need to remove the nb&sb and put some new thermal paste on there if you don't want to burn it up overclocking.

Ya your stuff is fine disregard what they said about it not working because they are fine.
north bridge and south bridge? will the artic silver five work ? and how do i go about removing them is this something somebody who has never built a pc could them selves?
0v3rc10cl0ck3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:37 PM   #18
In Runtime
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 223
Default Re: getting ready to order need to the go or no go sign lol

is there any kind of cooling systems i can apply on the noth bridge and south bridge as far as fan or just apply thermal paste susch as artic silver five in a few months for my birthday my freinds uncle who owns a computer shop and what not is gettting me a free xtreme cooling water cooling systems do they make water blocks for the north bridge and south bridge and oh ya mattie i seen your post in the reviews section the the 680i and the noth and south bridge ill keep that in mind it may come in handy



kudos to mattie
0v3rc10cl0ck3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:47 PM   #19
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,629
Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀
Default Re: getting ready to order need to the go or no go sign lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0v3rc10cl0ck3d View Post
is there any kind of cooling systems i can apply on the noth bridge and south bridge as far as fan or just apply thermal paste susch as artic silver five in a few months for my birthday my freinds uncle who owns a computer shop and what not is gettting me a free xtreme cooling water cooling systems do they make water blocks for the north bridge and south bridge and oh ya mattie i seen your post in the reviews section the the 680i and the noth and south bridge ill keep that in mind it may come in handy



kudos to mattie
Hey thanks! The board will come with a cooling fan that slides down on over the north bridge. Then it leads a heat pipe down to the south bridge. You can buy passive cooling units for them i've looked into them, but thermal right is in the process of designing a 680i version because the current south bridge hr05 causes problems with the 8 series GPU's.

I'm still running the stock cooler and yes I just used coffee filters to remove the old thermal paste with 70% Rubbing Alcohol then re applied with Arctic Silver 5. Like I said after I applied the AC5 I run a 1.525V FSB and it runs around 40C in the bios. FYI bios puts about 60% load on your hardware.

You won't need to run as much voltage to your south bridge i really wouldn't worry about the AC5 should be enough. See the north bridge controls the really important stuff cpu,memory,main gpu the south bridge controls the secondary PCI-E slot etc....

Removal isn't that hard you'll see the little pins on the back just get some needle nose pliers and pull on them while squeezing in and just let go. There spring loaded so make sure you keep an eye on them cause they will go flying! GL
ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:33 PM   #20
Golden Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,091
Default Re: getting ready to order need to the go or no go sign lol

I'll be damned! 680i being the first chipset to support 1333MHZ FSb! nice...
__________________

lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0