Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-27-2005, 05:31 PM   #51
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Getting ready to build - parts picked

Ya I want to stick wit hthe 4400. I think I found a temporary solution. I dont know why I didnt think of this before. Keep current specs. Maybe downgrade to 1gb and a 7800gt and sli them later. I may keep my current monitor and speakers for now. And later add in the x-fi, a new monitor and the logitech speakers.

EricM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 08:41 PM   #52
Fully Optimized

the performance difference between the 4400+ and the 3800+ doesnt justify the 160 dollar price difference. Get a 3800+ and upgrade to a 7800GTX.

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 11:05 PM   #53
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricM
Ya I want to stick wit hthe 4400. I think I found a temporary solution. I dont know why I didnt think of this before. Keep current specs. Maybe downgrade to 1gb and a 7800gt and sli them later. I may keep my current monitor and speakers for now. And later add in the x-fi, a new monitor and the logitech speakers.
Sounds good. If the speakers are too much, the X-530 is a nice alternative too. Not quite like the Z-5500, but sounds good regardless. I had a Z-640 before and it was pretty close to the performance of the X-530. Even that single 7800GT will do very well in just about everything you can think of. CPU and GPU are pretty equally important in a good performance PC. There's tradeoffs you can do. I would like to get the best CPU that motherboard can support and the video card comes last. Why? The next time you upgrade your CPU (which won't be for a long time), you may need a new motherboard to take advantage of dedicated Socket M2 motherboards of the future or whatever they come out with. You can always change video cards anytime. GPU works well with a nice CPU too so keep that in mind. PCI-e will be here for a long while. I mean, the 7800GT doesn't suck or anything like that. It's still considered a high performance video card but at a lower cost than the 7800GTX. If you're planning on another 7800GT, well that's just a lot of processing power.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:03 AM   #54
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDCorolla
Sounds good. If the speakers are too much, the X-530 is a nice alternative too. Not quite like the Z-5500, but sounds good regardless. I had a Z-640 before and it was pretty close to the performance of the X-530. Even that single 7800GT will do very well in just about everything you can think of. CPU and GPU are pretty equally important in a good performance PC. There's tradeoffs you can do. I would like to get the best CPU that motherboard can support and the video card comes last. Why? The next time you upgrade your CPU (which won't be for a long time), you may need a new motherboard to take advantage of dedicated Socket M2 motherboards of the future or whatever they come out with. You can always change video cards anytime. GPU works well with a nice CPU too so keep that in mind. PCI-e will be here for a long while. I mean, the 7800GT doesn't suck or anything like that. It's still considered a high performance video card but at a lower cost than the 7800GTX. If you're planning on another 7800GT, well that's just a lot of processing power.
You have a good point. I want to stick with the 4400. And I am no hardcore gamer so a 7800gt would be more than enough, and prices go down I can sli 2 of them or upgrade to a 7800gtx.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:23 PM   #55
Daemon Poster

Im still in the process of juggling things around, but today I saw the z5500s at futureshop... which is the same kind of deal as best buy not sure if u have futureshop in the states but its identical to best buy. we have both here.. but anyways the sub was hugeee! If i got those I do not know where i woud put the sub. Its massive.