Getting New Gaming Computer NEED fast responses

Fallior

Beta member
Okay, so I'm getting a new gaming computer (1st GAMING computer actually). The ONLY reason i'm getting it through dell is they have their own credit card that we were pre-approved on, so please don't start with other options that aren't available or other ways to get the computer, I just need choices based on the ones I list please.

Anyway, I'm getting an XPS 8700.

Here are the unchangeable specs:

• The brand new 4th generation Intel Core i7-4770 processor (8M Cache, up to 3.9GHz)
  • 1TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive 6.0 Gb/s
  • 12GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz 4DIMMs
  • Windows 8 64-bit
  • Integrated 7.1 with WAVE MAXXAudio 4

Okay, here is the choice I CAN make. Graphics card. I can choose between the AMD Radeon HD 7570 1GB GDDR5 OR the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645 1GB GDDR5. The NVIDIA costs $50 more, so I'm assuming that it's the better option, but I know that's not always the case.

I need the computer for video editing (Just saving mostly since my Elgato does most of the job, and I need a better computer to get the most out of the Elgato, current computer can only do a sub-par version of 720p hd).

I'd also like to be able to play actually games, current computer can't even play roller coaster tycoon without lagging so much. Would this computer listed above allow me to play real games such as grand theft auto 4, skyrim and such, even if it isn't on max settings?

NOTE: There is 1 other option, the XPS 8700 Special Edition. This gives added memory (2TB and a small SSD) as well as a better graphics card like the NVIDIA GTX 660 and 32 GB of RAM, but the cost would almost double, or at least be $600 more for the added RAM and slightly better graphics card. So it doesn't seem that worth the extra that I really don't have.

I know you said dont go blabbing about Dell and whatnot, but seriously man you are making a big mistake getting a Dell. I have gone through 6 Dell computers over the past 10 years and have spent thousands of dollars on them. Their computers are overpriced and dont have the best specs, and the customer service sucks. You can get a much better computer for less from Bestbuy, CyberPowerPC, Digital Storm, or iBuyPower. Or you could save even more money and build it yourself with parts from newegg or tigerdirect.

Just my 2-cents.

GeForce GTX 645 is the better card. Much better.

Oh, and for gaming computers, getting 16 GB RAM is a bit silly. (And 32 GB twice as silly.) But I guess this is "unchangeable" huh? ;)

GeForce GTX 645 is the better card. Much better.

Oh, and for gaming computers, getting 16 GB RAM is a bit silly. (And 32 GB twice as silly.) But I guess this is "unchangeable" huh? ;)

How is 16gb for a gaming computer silly? Most games need the extra RAM. I know FSX needs the most RAM it can get, and if you can put 32 or 64GB in there all the better.

Most games need the extra RAM.
Not really, no.

4 GB is enough for all existing games.

8 GB is planning ahead for the next few years.

16 GB, on the extreme and/or paranoid side of things.

32 GB, you really don't know what you are doing. I'm sure Dell is happy to have you as customer.

I know FSX needs the most RAM it can get, and if you can put 32 or 64GB in there all the better.
Seriously, FSX? As in Flight Simulator X? As in the game released some seven years ago, with a recommended RAM requirement of 512 MB?

If you need 16 GB to play this game, you need to get someone to look at the way you manage your system. Something is really wrong here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom