Getting a nasty Error on start-up, need info

johnnyyounce

Beta member
Im new to this forum, this is my first post and its not of a good nature unfortunately. I was installing camera software and had to download a driver from the business page. Upon installing it, and restarting my computer I started recieving this error and cannot find out what the problem is. Ive replaced the harddrive with a brand new one and tried to place the operating system back on it. It didnt work at all. I still recieved the same error. It goes to a blue screen and reads as follows:

***stop: oxoooooo8E(oxcoooooo5,oxoooooo45,oxF896cb74,0x00000000)

Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

It saids a few other things, but I cannot remember what they are right off hand. Any help is appreciated. On top of that, any information on what this error is and where I can get information on fixing it is also greatly appreciated. Thanks.

(by the way, this is my sons computer =), just so no one wonders how I posted this message)

thanks again

I had a look on Yahoo! search for this kinda thing, I found information on slightly different error (x50) but you might want to try removing a stick of RAM, someone had issues running dual channel. What OS are you running? Is that the exact error you recieved? Because I cannot find anything matching exactly...

Im running Windows XP. The error may not be copied EXACTLY. But I will have a second look and see if I can get more info on it for you. I dont think it would be the RAM because we've had 2 256 sticks in there since we bought it. This started happening immediately after I downloaded the driver for my camera after installing the software. So, Im instantly set on that being the problem. Anyway, Ill try to get back to you with more info ASAP.

johnnyyounce said:
Im new to this forum, this is my first post and its not of a good nature unfortunately. I was installing camera software and had to download a driver from the business page. Upon installing it, and restarting my computer I started recieving this error and cannot find out what the problem is. Ive replaced the harddrive with a brand new one and tried to place the operating system back on it. It didnt work at all. I still recieved the same error. It goes to a blue screen and reads as follows:

It saids a few other things, but I cannot remember what they are right off hand. Any help is appreciated. On top of that, any information on what this error is and where I can get information on fixing it is also greatly appreciated. Thanks.

(by the way, this is my sons computer =), just so no one wonders how I posted this message)

thanks again
Thats well in good your at your sons,but why did you panic like this ?
My God it's only a camera and you replaced the hard drive and Windows?
Does this camera work at your sons ?

Well it seems i don't understand this error either
but you can try devise manager to see if there is a conflict with the devise's.

To get there....click start/control panel/performance and maintenance/administrative tools/computer management/on the left side window double click devise manager....

If there is a conflict with one of those listed, you will see a yellow Quotation mark.

Well you say its a fresh hard drive, so it cannot be anything to do with device installs, etc. I'd start taking bits from your sons computer and testing them in yours, in the order of RAM, CPU, Graphics.

johnnyyounce said:

thanks again

Last time i saw this error it was a problem with the RAM, on your motherboard, how many RAM slots does it have? If it has more than 2 slots, take one of the sticks out and try placing it in another slot, worked for me :)

CoMpUtaFrEek said:
Yeh told ya, I expected RAM aswell, I had similar problems.

Yeah, usually its either caused by the RAM being seated wrong, or the slot being screwed, either that or the memory has just screwed :p

Back
Top Bottom