Getting laptop soon and want to upgrade some of the things.

kewlnick12

Baseband Member
So my mom is going to get a new laptop so she is going to give me her old one so I can turn it into a gaming computer.I'll have to upgrade everything exept the sound card.So my question is can I upgrade the hardware without buying a whole new laptop?I looked online and cant find stores that carry individual parts for laptop.

I think your pretty much limited to maybe upgrading to more RAM and a hard drive. Not to sure though.

Depending on the laptop, it's a huge pain to upgrade a laptop. Especially older ones. What's the model?

Well, you can definitely upgrade the RAM and hard drive, but aside from that, you're going to have some trouble. You can't upgrade the video card, so you can pretty much forget about gaming. The processor is possible, but it would be a huge pain to do.

You aren't going to be able to play many games on that. I can play NFSWM on my HP notebook which is similar I guess, but it can't play too much more than that. I say, if you want to game, sell the notebook for some money and save more money to buy a desktop system.

Back
Top Bottom