Getting Hotmail on Office Outlook?

Okay I want to know if there is anyway to manually set this up without getting a subscription. I'm using Office Enterprise 2007 and went to configure the outlook. It automatically connects to the mail server but I get a pop up saying I need to buy a subscription version to hotmail.

I do not understand this at all my buddy had his hotmail accounts on the same version of office and said he didn't have a subscription based plan on hotmail.

Edited in. Just did some googling it appears it is a http server instead of pop3 or anything. Problem is its still saying I need a subscription.

you shouldnt need a subscription to access your email...i've done it with outlook express before.

Well the thing is my friend has his hotmail accounts on the same Office. I think his are old hotmail accounts though so they may have been grandfathered in. I was just hoping there was some way I could do it. I've tried manual settings but it still says I need a subscription. My earthlink email works fine though.

my hotmail works in outlook, but no1 else i no can get it 2 work, u normaly have 2 pay 2 use it which is abit stupid, coz if u go out and buy office u would want 2 get ur email through outlook which u still have 2 pay for

Ah, I think i know why. Like 4 Years ago, i got an email saying that people would have to start paying for Outlook Access, but because i had an account with them for so long, i would get it for free. Perhap's your friend had his account for a while, and the let him keep it?

Back
Top Bottom