Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 08:17 AM   #1
In Runtime

Default Getting Around Websense Filter...

Just sitting at work bored, surfing what little sites I can. The company I work for uses "Websense". ANNOYING! Cant visit sites like myspace, youtube, facebook or anything with "streaming media". Facebook is blocked just because, myspace is blocked due to "Spywear". I googled my problem and have been doing some reading. The most obvious and well known way around would be a proxy. However the ONLY site that ever worked ( worked for an hour) was www.mathisfun.cc or somthing like that. I clicked on everyones personal favorite proxy links with no luck and all resulting to "Proxy Avoidance". Another suggestion was to <Start> <Run> <CMD> and then ping whatever website I wanted to visit. Then just type in that IP into the address bar...That didnt work at all, maybe I did it wrong? The only other one that seemed like it MIGHT work was to setup a "network" or something like that at my house with logmein.com ( I think ) and just surf from work through my computer at home. Makes sense...Any other logical EASY was around this problem?

P.S. Im not trying to do anything illegal. There is some sites Id like to pass my time with yea, but for the most part I just like learning the in's and out's of computers if you all know what I mean.

Thanks in advance!

Old 10-07-2008, 09:38 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to drumthrasher Send a message via MSN to drumthrasher Send a message via Yahoo to drumthrasher
Default Re: Getting Around Websense Filter...

Yeah I've seen a few places with this firewall. If you can, go here:
http://totally-ipod.uni.cc/files/
Download/run either U89 or U91, U91 is a new version of U89.

If that site is blocked, which I don't think it is, try going here (U89):
http://uputz.com/download.php?file=331U89.exe
Or here: (U91): http://www.uputz.com/download.php?file=633U91.exe

If U89 doesn't connect then try U91.

Enjoy your freedom.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:59 AM   #3
In Runtime

The 1st link gave me a 404 error. The Uputz worked. What exactly is this? How does it work? Also thank you!
Old 10-07-2008, 10:01 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to drumthrasher Send a message via MSN to drumthrasher Send a message via Yahoo to drumthrasher

It's pretty much a proxy thinger, but it's not one of those gay web-based ones. It just connects to a different IP and changes it throughout whatever program you want.

You can use it in IE, FF, whatever program you can change the proxy settings for (127.0.0.1:9666).