Get vista cheaper by buying XP now? Total cost for both less than Vista?

I have a 64 bit edition computer. I want to know if all versions of vista come with a 64 bit install disk? I think I will go for it, just need a little more cash, though I'm only 15 so its not that easy to get a little more cash, lol. I dont know how much longer this offer will last either. Obviously not after vistas out.

Vista comes in both versions apparantly. If it detects you have a 64-bit system, it will install 64-bit files.

Sweet, I'm in it for the hat, man. Wouldnt I look like a total gangsta if I walked into Harvard High with my Vista hat, lol. Anyway, where doesit say you get a free hat?

i think the free copys/upgrades u get r only 32-bit not 64-bit, the 64-bit is where microsoft r goin 2 get the money from coz it costs soo much.

Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit Edition DVD - OEM - 1Pk
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SW-041-MS
even tho that is cheap, iv been told thats coz u can only install it on ur pc once and if something goes wrong and u need 2 reboot vista u have 2 buy it again, im not sure if that is try but thats wot iv been told

I thought vistas whole idea was to start the 64bit trend. Make everything new, rebuild the entire OS. Revolutionize PCs.

The installation disc(s) for Vista contain all versions/platforms of the OS............just depends on the key for which version is installed.
But, the FREE upgrade offer is only available for 32-bit versions (vast majority of users anyhow).

It's "free"...........what do you think, your gonna get the Porsche version? ;)

So the express upgrade to vista doesnt include the 64bit edition. That sucks. Now I dont know what to do, because once vistas out, a lot of things will start supporting 64bit.

well i think the best thing 2 do it 2 wait and see if it is the 64-bit verison ur getting, but coz of the price of it, i think that they will just send u the 32-bit one, they want you 2 buy the 64-bit one thats how they r going 2 get the money, but yeh wait and see which version u get, and if its the 32-bit one, u mite aswell stay with that until more programs run as 64-bit, coz it will take time for everything 2 become 64-bit

Back
Top Bottom