Get Factory Vista Disc when buying from HP

karling07

Daemon Poster
Hey, i am buying a new HP laptop with Vista Ultimate but Ive always seen that they preinstall it and bundle it with their own software and it only works for that specific computer. I plan on having THREE other operating systems installed on this laptop (XP, 2000, and Linux) and I want to make sure the version that I pay for from them will let me do this (and not be like "time to reinstall all factory settings! byebye other 3!) - is there any way to verify this?

Thanks

umm i think it depends on the specifit laptop coz i have a HP compaq presario laptop which didnt have the vista disk with it but my m8 with a similar laptop compaq presario again did have te vista disk

although with my old compaq they gave me a full xp disk with SP2 and what seems like it dnt need a serial coz i used it on 2 lappys and working fine with updates ??

ok, well any ideas on getting a partition manager that can shrink a Vista partition?

umm vista has it built into cmd i think lol coz i had vista pre installed and now dual boot with xp i followed a guide i found on google

'google is my friend'

not my only 1 pmsl but he is my friend

Back
Top Bottom